Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

9 hours ago, JPRamFan said:

I don't want to lose him but if we got 3mil plus and a loan back for the season that would be good business, especially considering he only has 1 year left on his contract.

At least under Clowes we might become a much better selling club than we were under Mel. Remember selling Will Hughes for a packet of peanuts and a bag of skittles.

I agree with this, for Cash's sake as much as ours.

We can't stand in the way of his career, he'd likely be going at the end of the season anyway and I don't think his compo would be worth £3million? @Ghost of Clough may know the exact figure - he's been with us a long time. 

If we kept him for the rest of the season that's good for us and his new Club.

We did a good job with bringing on Haydon Roberts' career, so maybe Brighton have a bit of respect for Warne's abilities. 

9 hours ago, CBRammette said:

If he wants to go says a lot that he's gone from being willing to run through walls for this club to that. 

I wouldn’t read too much into it if he has now changed his view. There comes a time when every player needs to think about their own career and development (not that I think Cashin would get into a Premier League team any time soon). Do we know who, if anybody, was interested in signing him when he was said to be willing to run through walls for the club? 

47 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Let Cashin go he's over rated and no pace  ,he's not worth £500,000 snatch there hands off. 

If we sell him for £500k will it be OK if I check with you that the club has done good business and you're happy with that deal?

Not that the majority is necessarily right, but I think you might be in a pretty small minority (and wrong).

5 minutes ago, Thameram said:

Jude Bellingham signed a new contract with a high release clause to give  his boyhood club a thank you for giving him his dream if Cashin and bird love our club so much let them do the same 

Are you suggesting we could get £20m+ for each of them?

10 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

That's a surprise, the old "everyone is entitled to an opinion" defence.

It's possible to write well reasoned and critical posts to cover a wide range of opinions. Just continually posting a continuous stream of negative bile all day gets rather tiresome.

The matchday threads are almost useless now if we are losing. A handful of posters, most of whom only show up when we are losing, posting ultra-negative, boring, humourless posts over and over again.

That is your opinion, of which you are entitled, but because you think that, doesn't make it right.

What I tend to find is those so called negative posters very rarely, if ever, attack other posters...yet a fair amount of the lovely positive, everything will be OK brigade, are very quick to attack.

I know which side of the coin I'd rather be. I have my opinion, I respect yours and regardless I wouldn't attack you for it.

I suppose its a reflection of how we were raised on how we treat others.

8 minutes ago, Thameram said:

Jude Bellingham signed a new contract with a high release clause to give  his boyhood club a thank you for giving him his dream if Cashin and bird love our club so much let them do the same 

Its not birds boyhood club though and cashin is from mansfield, so who knows who he supports. Its their career at the end of the day and I see no reason why they should screw themselves over. 

Brighton would be a good move for cashin even if he wont play much for them. No point staying here and seeing his career deadend in league 1. Good luck to him if he can get the move

8 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Its not birds boyhood club though and cashin is from mansfield, so who knows who he supports. Its their career at the end of the day and I see no reason why they should screw themselves over. 

Brighton would be a good move for cashin even if he wont play much for them. No point staying here and seeing his career deadend in league 1. Good luck to him if he can get the move

How many players have jumped ship from us and gone on to bigger things, playing week in week out in competitive competition is the best schooling they can have 

Both Bird and Cashin need to be sold if they are not signing contract extensions - - but we should be getting the maximum we can for both of them ( we can still sell them in January if we must) 

why don’t they want to stay is a bigger concern?

should we give more money to Warne to waste on more 30 something journeyman 

15 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Brighton brought Clarke from league one and then rented him out on loan for three years and then sold him - the same would happen with Cashin 

21 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

What I tend to find is those so called negative posters very rarely, if ever, attack other posters...yet a fair amount of the lovely positive, everything will be OK brigade, are very quick to attack.

[...]

I suppose its a reflection of how we were raised on how we treat others.

Um... 

You wouldn't say casting aspersions over someone's upbringing was even a teensy-weensy attack on another individual?

10 hours ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Would sell if we can spend the money if we can't and it's just going to give Clowes extra capital to buy more Clowes properties in the area to rent out to new signings then rather we keep him.

What an incredibly stupid post.

Is this the level the forum has fallen to?

33 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Footballers have a limited time career so need to maximise the money they can make in that time? 

Some of them will have seen Will Hughes have too much faith in us and (maybe) not achieve the potential he had if he'd left sooner?

If you're given the choice between a 5 year plan to get PL football from a league one club Vs a 3 year plan from a Championship club (or 3 year pathway to first team with an already PL club) which one would you choose?

There are loads of reasons footballers would want to move on - I'm cynical and have lost any faith in the idea that they should show any loyalty - why should Cashin or Bird do that? I think sticking with us this far after the last few years is pretty good on their part already tbh - now they have to think of their careers

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I wouldn’t read too much into it if he has now changed his view. There comes a time when every player needs to think about their own career and development (not that I think Cashin would get into a Premier League team any time soon). Do we know who, if anybody, was interested in signing him when he was said to be willing to run through walls for the club? 

Also - that's just the kind of player he is - He'll run through walls for whoever he plays for 

36 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Both Bird and Cashin need to be sold if they are not signing contract extensions - - but we should be getting the maximum we can for both of them ( we can still sell them in January if we must) 

should we give more money to Warne to waste on more 30 something journeyman 

I don’t trust Warne or the so called recruitment team with another penny sadly.

Cycle continues - sell young players for less than they are worth - bring in journeymen or mediocre loans (on high wages) to fit the Warne ethos - performance and results are meh -  fan interest drops - gates fall - sell any young players left (if we have any)