Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Cashin for me doesnt suit a back 3 & like many of our youngsters is overrated

So, because he doesn't suit a back 3 he's overrated? 

He was one of our stand out players last season and at the end of the season before when we were in the Championship.

Like others have said, he would be a good solid top half championship defender and just because we're league 1 doesn't mean Derby need to accept £3m.

If Cash was in the Championship based on his last 1.5 seasons he has to be worth closer to £6+

Why would a team like Brighton spend £3m to buy him and loan him for the season when he’s available for a tribunal fee in 12 months time? He will still be there for Brighton at the end of the year if there is genuine interest. 

Cashin’s tribunal fee is going to be very small to what we could’ve expected from Knight and Bird. He’s had one solid season of games, barely played any championship matches and hasn’t been called up for the Irish senior squad yet. It makes little sense.

Strikes me as trying to get a bit of interest in him to shift him on before the end of the window. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Why would a team like Brighton spend £3m to buy him and loan him for the season when he’s available for a tribunal fee in 12 months time? He will still be there for Brighton at the end of the year if there is genuine interest. 

Cashin’s tribunal fee is going to be very small to what we could’ve expected from Knight and Bird. He’s had one solid season of games, barely played any championship matches and hasn’t been called up for the Irish senior squad yet. It makes little sense.

Strikes me as trying to get a bit of interest in him to shift him on before the end of the window. 

I don't think this would come from Percy if it was Derby trying to raise interest. 

16 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Cashin is a weird one for me. He was brilliant when he first came in and outstanding at times last season. But I just don’t see a top player in him. I don’t think his natural ability is that high nor his potential. It seems like when he is playing brilliantly, he is already reaching his max, almost overachieving compared to his natural ability.

I could be wrong but I just see a future solid Championship player at the most. No more. 

A one-footed Bucko

Being realistic I’m not sure we can really be talking about this being possibly the worst derby side ever, then keep championing our younger players so much. Like cash and looked great for six months last year. Been pretty average even poor since feb time.

I like Cashin but ultimately if you are a 5’11 or 6’0 CB you need to either be exceptional across the ground or exceptional with the ball.

At the moment he is neither although has a promising passing range.

We shouldn’t really be dismissing bids for anyone who only has a year left, no matter who it is. That is not the sign of sensible transfer policy. Bit surprised Brighton are linked because I doubt his ceiling is as high as where they are now but ultimately they can probably give him a 5 year deal and loan him out for a decent fee each year. 

25 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Cashin for me doesnt suit a back 3 & like many of our youngsters is overrated

[Not to single you out but I don't know how to select multiple comments in one reply!]

It is possible that the Brighton link is nonsense, but Percy is usually pretty reliable.

I realise it isn't the best argument to say "IF Brighton want him then he must be good" (because maybe they don't... so then what: he isn't?)

But Cashin can't go from being a really promising player over the last 18 months to massively overrated after 4 games of this season.

There is an elephant somewhere in the room.

Cashin is a little slow [that's not the elephant] but in every other respect he is a very promising player. That is already clear, and interest from Brighton only adds a qualified opinion to that claim. If he goes, that will be a shame. If no-one else wants him because it turns out he's rubbish after all, that will be a surprise!

Derby’s valuation of him is entirely unrealistic given his contract situation and our current standing. It would surprise me if Brighton are willing to throw us a bone but for around £1.5m.

Brighton may think it makes better sense signing him now rather than competing to sign him in 12 months time when his wage demands could be higher. And it’s just another smart investment on their part to loan him out, similar to Matt Clarke. 

18 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So we potentially sell Cash in exchange for signing more PW players as the ones so far have been so good? Bradley is the star defensive signing so who would the star attacking option be? No thank you very much

Totally agree, I hope my words come back to bite me but the PW signings have been totally underwhelming and with the window closing I have little confidence in him and his team pulling a rabbit out of the hat

22 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

A decade ago we were smashing them in the Championship playoffs. They are now selling players for £100m while players in their development squad would walk into our best XI.

Football eh.

Look how far we’ve fallen, so depressing.