Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

Apologies if this point has been made 200x times already but if you’re a young player and you’ve got the chance to go to Brighton right now you’d be absolutely desperate to. One good season and you could end up at Chelsea or Liverpool or something.

If that move were to fall through because your club is trying to wangle a deal in their favour then I can imagine this would cause a few problems. 

7 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

For 3m id definitely sell …. But i am genuinely worried about where we’re at 

(caveat not as worried as i was last summer lol)

Are we still under a business plan? Are we able to spend any money at all? 

what confuses me is that clowes said we have a good budget for the division.. yet weve still to spend a penny bar wages but then bielik and off the wage bill would cover most of that.

There was a lot of talk about getting a more rounded age group into the building but bar elder and ward (just) weve yet to do that and have signed players at the tail end of their careers.

i wasnt expecting us yo go crazy and scatter gun but was hoping that we would get some much needed energy (23-26) that maybe still needed rounding but were here to work on.

if we sell cash for another journyman or two ill be very disappointed.

Unless this is all a buying us time exercise to get away from this business plan where we can be a little more free and creative… or maybe to let the accademy recruits come of age 🤷

i dont know… it all seems a little meh and rudderless in terms of a strategy atm.. and i wasnt asking or expecting a lot 

Realistically, there is no way Birmingham are covering Bieliks wages of 28k a week for what would have been the last year of his contract here, not with their FFP balancing act.  Any fee we got for him is no doubt covering part of his salary every month till next summer.  That deal was basically a free untying us from 1.5 million in wages.  We pay Jozwiaks fee at the same time we sell Knight.  Think we know where that's gone.  

43 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If they loaned him to us, he’s pretty much guaranteed to play every game loan him to another club where he has to settle first may hinder him. If the loan doesn’t work out, he can’t play for anyone else other than us this season because of the rules, so they’re then taking a gamble on losing a season of development when he’ll then be 22. Keeping him at Derby makes much more sense unless someone is going to pay them a fee to have him for the rest of the season straight away.

I see your logic and Brighton may see it the same way, but ultimately he has already shown he can play higher and I'd have expected him to be a possible loan to a Championship side (or abroad as @Eoghan1884 suggested).

I'm not sure he's guaranteed to play every game here... you'd think so but right now things aren't working and if that leads to changes (of any kind, including the system) there's no saying Cashin would be one to keep his place. Personally in a back 4 he'd be in my team every single time, but that doesn't count for much!

5 hours ago, GenBr said:

And whats your point? They'll do the same with Cashin, but it's still better than playing for a turgid team in league 1. 

Problem I have is not the 3 million.  It's the 4 seasons of loans, which depending on if he does well may generate in excess of that fee.  The final year will have a permanent fee attached if they don't think he'll be good enough.  They could well double their money without him playing for them.  If he doesn't do enough they break even.  

Until premier league sides are told to give 50% of any loan fees for first 3 years of a contract for players under 24, particularly academy kids, to the selling club, then clubs keep getting shafted.

8 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

We should go down and fetch him back in our chariot. 

Is that our chariot-of-fire (-sale) we're first using to drop off Eiran Cashin for £500K, with a detour to Hull for Max Bird (£250K)? 😜

29 minutes ago, jameso said:

I see your logic and Brighton may see it the same way, but ultimately he has already shown he can play higher and I'd have expected him to be a possible loan to a Championship side (or abroad as @Eoghan1884 suggested).

I'm not sure he's guaranteed to play every game here... you'd think so but right now things aren't working and if that leads to changes (of any kind, including the system) there's no saying Cashin would be one to keep his place. Personally in a back 4 he'd be in my team every single time, but that doesn't count for much!

I don’t think he has shown he can play higher yet. I agree he probably can, but currently all he’s shown is that he’s a good League 1 defender. His time in the Championship when we went down wasn’t too much of an indicator.

I think he’s naturally limited in the sense he’s not that tall, not that quick and not that technically gifted. I actually find it strange how he does perform so well at times given all that. But I think that’ll ultimately hold him back from becoming anything above a top end Championship defender.

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I don’t think he has shown he can play higher yet. I agree he probably can, but currently all he’s shown is that he’s a good League 1 defender. His time in the Championship when we went down wasn’t too much of an indicator.

I think he’s naturally limited in the sense he’s not that tall, not that quick and not that technically gifted. I actually find it strange how he does perform so well at times given all that. But I think that’ll ultimately hold him back from becoming anything above a top end Championship defender.

I thought he did commendably in the year we went down and we did well to get him on a contract last summer. He came into the team alongside Davies and more than held his own.

He's not that tall but he's very good in the air, and he's technically pretty decent for a centre-back! He has a very good first touch and even has a clue how to feint to steal a yard (often in places on the pitch I wouldn't have expected him to be). To be honest, your comment surprises me, given that we're talking about a young centre-back in League One who actually has attributes you say he doesn't have. The one point on which I completely agree is his pace and I'm not sure how much he can do about that!

Edited by Guest

33 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I’m just off to the local Catholic Church for a translation.

I'll save you the trouble!!😅

"if the Poznań sports club did not agree to a settlement convenient for the English club, it would face bankruptcy.
Derby County Football Club is an English club based in Derby. In 2020, Kamil Jóźwiak joined them from Lech Poznań. For the transfer of the footballer, the English were to pay in installments 4 million euros. It's just that due to financial problems, they began to fall behind with payments.

There was a court dispute between Lech and Derby County, which ended in a settlement this week.
The settlement assumes that we will renounce about 1/3 of the transfer amount, the rest has already been settled by the English and the case has been concluded in this way
– informed Maciej Henszel, spokesman for KKS Lech Poznań in social media.

Lech's decision was very well received by English fans. In their opinion, if the Poznań club did not agree to an amicable settlement of the dispute over the transfer of Kamil Jóźwiak, Derby County would be banned

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I thought we'd just given them 2/3rds of what was owed. About 2 million euros.

Derby County have settled their dispute with Lech Poznan over the transfer fee of former winger Kamil Jozwiak.

Jozwiak left Derby for Charlotte FC for £2.5m in March last year when the club were in administration under Quantuma.

At the time, it was reported that it was the same amount left outstanding on the balance owed to Poznan for the winger's transfer to Derby in September 2020 for a fee of around £3.4m.

But a private settlement between the parties has now been reached that will see the Polish club waive around a third of the amount that was owed

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Problem I have is not the 3 million.  It's the 4 seasons of loans, which depending on if he does well may generate in excess of that fee.  The final year will have a permanent fee attached if they don't think he'll be good enough.  They could well double their money without him playing for them.  If he doesn't do enough they break even.  

Until premier league sides are told to give 50% of any loan fees for first 3 years of a contract for players under 24, particularly academy kids, to the selling club, then clubs keep getting shafted.

I agree, but the financial dominance of the premier league means we'll keep getting shafted as long as we're in the lower leagues. I assume £3mill is a lot more than we'll get if we let his contract expire, so i'd take it now. Its a damn site better than the magic beans we usually get when a prem team comes sniffing

4 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

What a complete waste of money he was (Jozwiak). Which scout thought that he’d be a) any use, and b) value for money?

Hope that whoever it was is no longer involved in our football club. 

Very odd we could have had bloke who scored plenty in the German league for a 3rd of the fee and went for him.  We were desperate for a striker with a bit of movement.  Things don't change much 

59 minutes ago, jameso said:

I thought he did commendably in the year we went down and we did well to get him on a contract last summer. He came into the team alongside Davies and more than held his own.

He's not that tall but he's very good in the air, and he's technically pretty decent for a centre-back! He has a very good first touch and even has a clue how to feint to steal a yard (often in places on the pitch I wouldn't have expected him to be). To be honest, your comment surprises me, given that we're talking about a young centre-back in League One who actually has attributes you say he doesn't have. The one point on which I completely agree is his pace and I'm not sure how much he can do about that!

His attributes in those areas are fine, I just think they’re going to hold him back from ever being a PL player. There’s no shame in that, but the level in that league is vastly superior so any weakness or limitation will be exploited.