Michael Smith

DCFC1388

Averages about 13 a season.  Looks like about 1 in 2.5 over the last couple of years. We need some pace so it's this guy or Waghorn I'd suggest to hopefully bring that in..  He'll be more in demand than Waghorn at this level, so I suspect we'll be getting Waghorn.  I'd prefer this guy.  We'll wind up with neither most likely as he'll get a better offer and Waghorn won't want to be the gooseberry.

Unless we do shift Collins to Shrewsbury to free up a considerable wage.  Or just wind up with no-one and Collins off and we can wheel out Washington with a bandaged knee.

Can we sign someone with pace.  What a conundrum.

Just now, FlyBritishMidland said:

This would be a cracking signing at this level.  If we could get Smith & Waggy we’d have a really good attack.  Whether it’s 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-2-1 we’d have Collins, Smith, Washington, Waghorn, Sibley, NML & Barkhuizen for the 3 attacking positions.  Not much better in this league.

Yeh but how many are under 30 and have any resale value 👀

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Yeh but how many are under 30 and have any resale value 👀

Technically it doesn't matter. If we bought them for a substantial fee then I'd be worried but If they're freebies and they get us promoted, it enables us to save and build a healthy budget next year in the championship where we can be a better draw for the better players.

And then proceed to rocket up the leagues whilst flipping the V at all those that deserted us when in need

Perfect.

😊

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Hey Mickey, it’s Paul - yeah Paul Warne. I’m getting the band back together. Yeah. Matty and Josh, they’ve signed up. Dan? Dan Barlasser, yeah I’m trying. I think he’ll be fine. What about it Mickey? One more time, yeah…..

IMG_0656.png

Hope it doesn’t end in Telephone tears.

Smith would be a decent signing, he strikes me as a player who is excellent in this division but may not be in the Championship- no different to JCH, Ladapo and others. 

Wednesday aren’t going to give him up for free though, I wouldn’t think, so may take a fee and that’s just something we aren’t doing. I’d probably call this a lazy link in that basis.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Smith would be a decent signing, he strikes me as a player who is excellent in this division but may not be in the Championship- no different to JCH, Ladapo and others. 

Wednesday aren’t going to give him up for free though, I wouldn’t think, so may take a fee and that’s just something we aren’t doing. I’d probably call this a lazy link in that basis.

Warne has indicated an attakcing player may be on loan so Smith could potentially be that player he is on about