Michael Smith

DCFC1388

9 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

You would imagine he wouldnt be in the squad tonight if theres legs in this

If he's one of the ones Warne has said is very close. Then you'd imagine he wouldn't be.

But on the other hand if he's still there player and they want to play him they can.

Might be on the bench ..

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Seems he's playing tonight.  Clearly this is going nowhere soon if that's the case.  Bet he get's 2 goals as well and any chance of a move evaporates, Recruitment on a striker has to be quick, as you always get other interest, or, they do something that stops the move like getting a hat trick.  We seem to be recruiting forwards at the pace of a snail on ketamine.  

We seem to chase players with very little chance of success, happens time and time again unfortunately.

A player who scores 17 goals on the way to being promoted to a division higher than us currently, if we couldn't compete for Alfie May then how on earth are we competing for Smith?

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We seem to chase players with very little chance of success, happens time and time again unfortunately.

A player who scores 17 goals on the way to being promoted to a division higher than us currently, if we couldn't compete for Alfie May then how on earth are we competing for Smith?

Only difference here is we didn't want Alfie May....

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

And u know we were in for May because ??? 
Wasn’t it about 5 minutes ago we were all patting the club on the back for picking up the much in demand promotion winning captain to the prem sonny bradley 

so much sensationalist drama on here its untrue 😂🤷🙈

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Well known Alfie May wanted to move back to South London to be near his parents and family …..

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

So we ignore the fact that May publicly stated that he wanted to move back nearer to Kent with his family. Instead, criticise the Club for failing to compete for a player when I doubt there's not one forum poster who actually knows precisely what agreement Clowes came to with the EFL and what sort of spending restrictions have been imposed.

I've yet to see anything from the Club confirming we actually have an interest in Smith. Rumours, speculation and tittle tattle on a forum is great but let's not use that as a means of criticising Derby County without any real substance.

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

So we ignore the fact that May publicly stated that he wanted to move back nearer to Kent with his family. Instead, criticise the Club for failing to compete for a player when I doubt there's not one forum poster who actually knows precisely what agreement Clowes came to with the EFL and what sort of spending restrictions have been imposed.

I've yet to see anything from the Club confirming we actually have an interest in Smith. Rumours, speculation and tittle tattle on a forum is great but let's not use that as a means of criticising Derby County without any real substance.

Sense does prevail... well put!

Would be good for us.

Knows where to pop up in the box and get on the end of crosses, both with his head and for tap ins. Also capable of other types of goals and has a good penalty record. Would seem an ideal no.9 who worked under Warne at Rotherham and should slip pretty effortlessly into his system.

Contracted until 2025 at Wednesday so unless they desperately want him off the wage bill and are trying to give him away, I'd imagine a loan that either turns permanent based on promotion or at least gives them a sizeable bonus if we get promoted.

If he comes in I imagine it would add weight to the Collins/Shrewsbury rumours. I know we're looking for a target man, but with this we would be swapping a first choice target man for someone who obviously frustrates Warne a bit and wasn't his signing.

29 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

People criticise Mel Morris but at least he got transfers done - just throw money at it and worry about the accounting when you’re in the premier league 

You're joking yeah? Tell me you're joking. You must be joking. No Rams fan in their right mind would post that as a genuine belief.