Michael Smith

DCFC1388

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

Oh no, you’ve changed the thread title. Now my doctor who comment looks silly with no context. The internet and stalking community will surely think I’m an idiot. 

You need an image of Matt Smith, then an image of Matt Smith playing darts, big beardy Michael Smith playing darts, then Michael Smith the footballer.

Like a Dr Who regeneration 😊

Think this is nothing to do with is Smith better than Waggy...as Smith is a no 9 and Warne says Waggy is a no 10.

The more important question is Smith better than Collins..which i think is probably a yes..just, but a yes none the less...

I would sign them both..then we would have 2 no 9's and 2 no 10's....(as well as Sibley, Barkhuizen and Mendez Laing...none of whom seem to fit our formation???)

This does fit the narrative Warne mentioned of a player at a club who’s availability depends on them recruiting their own targets. 
I can see the appeal, knows Warne and his staff, proven goalscorer at this level, brings further height and physicality to the front line, experience of promotion. Perceived downsides, age profile isn’t ideal and maybe not the most mobile…. BUT if he scores the goals to win games in a Derby shirt I think I can look past those concerns. 

1 hour ago, RamLad1884 said:

Get Smith and Waghorn signed and we’ve got four forwards who have all scored double figures at some stage either in the championship or League One. 

Really can’t see the issues with this. I couldn’t care if they were all 39 and only had one season left in them, if it gets us promoted then Warne has done what he was tasked to do this year. 

Couldn't agree more.

Not sure who this 20+ goal, 24 year old, free/low fee, league one proven striker is people keep whining about.

With Smith and Waggy we'd have 4 decent strikers at this level. Happy Days. Let's get cracking!

I've given up on us getting a 23-28 year old forward, so of the 30+ options, Smith is the best option that we've been linked with so far (aside from Godden)- 2 consecutive seasons scoring 15+ at this level, knows the manager and likely style of play, and recent promotion experience. 

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Is it bad form to want this signing purely on the basis of having an initial + surname combo on the back of the shirt?

The last one I can remember is back to the good old days of M. and S. Johnson. 

<Insert obvious clothing store joke here>

42 minutes ago, Taribo said:

C. Powell and D. Powell

didn't we have Claude Davis and Steve Davies at the same time? 😉

What about Ben Davies at same time as Steve?

Didn't we also have Dean Burton and Paul Boertien at same time? 😄 Ignore me, I'm feeling silly today.

Anyway, wheres the new kit?!

I think he’s to similar to what we have Warne keeps mentioning players with pace and we keep getting linked with big and not very mobile strikers in their 30s. We need to get out this division and our best chance is keeping it on the floor and trying to play good football not trying to be the best long ball team in the league.

29 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Didn't we also have Dean Burton and Paul Boertien at same time? 😄 Ignore me, I'm feeling silly today.

Ah yes, Bavies and Savies. 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

We may have had S. Bloomer and Crusty Bloomer in the canteen at one time or another