Jordan Rhodes - gone to Blackpool

Topram

17 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

Bit surprised this link has surfaced again after the link I posted last week was taken down. Admin...can you make your minds up please....

The link you posted was an opinion piece, suggesting we should sign him.

This link is one that says we are interested in signing him.

Although TeamTalk are not the most reliable source, it is a source.

1 hour ago, McMuffin said:

Why can’t we find a striker no one has heard of?
Especially with this recruitment guy who is supposed to be so highly rated? 
Just journeyman old strikers being linked.

No imagination.

No imagination? Imagine the uproar on here if we sign a striker no ducker has of 😂😂😂

41 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

It’s like reading the David McGoldrick thread again! 😆

With all due respect there's absolutely no comparison between them. McGoldrick offers ten times the amount Rhodes does in overall play.

Rhodes is and always has been nothing but a goal hanger. At one time an excellent one, but here's little sign he still has that now he's older and slower 

His contribution to build up play and creating chances for others is poor. He isn't a good footballer. I don't think he's even known a hard worker either (?) which confuses me further.

Historically yes he's scored goals, lots of them, in teams who have set themselves up to provide goalscoring chances almost exclusively for him. 

He's the epitome of the type of player I've always hope don't sign as our 'main man' - that said if we did sign him purely as someone to throw on late in games with the vain hope he might get a goal...  well he might get some goals, not many, but potentially some important ones.

He might be OK played in a two if the rest of the team are good enough to compensate for the fact they'd basically be playing with 10 men for the majority of time he's on the pitch 

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 minute ago, KBB said:

"Why have we signed Washington, he doesn't score goals. We need a goal scorer"

Get linked with a 1 in 2 striker with nearly 250 career goals who is widely regarded as a goal scorer.

"Yeah not him"

Not in the last 7 seasons though. Crap footballer small old and slow. Don’t get this one. I get Washington because he can run behind and stretch teams/create space for others.

29 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Just been told we want him and have made contact with Hudds. A little bit disappointed to be honest. 

Edit: Making contact with a team doesn’t mean he’s coming, before there’s a meltdown😂

Would he be only one