Jordan Rhodes - gone to Blackpool

Topram

We're in League One with next to to money whatsoever.

There's absolutely nothing out there in the free agent market.

This bloke has scored just over 200 goals in just over 400 games and some of us are saying no.

I'm intrigued as to realistically you'd want us to sign? Or would fit in a wage budget? 

I'm not saying he's a world beater or I'd be excited. But it's league one. We are where we are. Personally think he could comfortably score between 10-15 goals at this level.

Also Knight hasn't even been gone a week yet and some people are panicking that we've not replaced him. 

2 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

Why can’t we find a striker no one has heard of?
Especially with this recruitment guy who is supposed to be so highly rated? 
Just journeyman old strikers being linked.

No imagination.

Who has no imagination: our recruitment team or the press?

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We're in League One with next to to money whatsoever.

There's absolutely nothing out there in the free agent market.

This bloke has scored just over 200 goals in just over 400 games and some of us are saying no.

I'm intrigued as to realistically you'd want us to sign? Or would fit in a wage budget? 

I'm not saying he's a world beater or I'd be excited. But it's league one. We are where we are. Personally think he could comfortably score between 10-15 goals at this level.

Also Knight hasn't even been gone a week yet and some people are panicking that we've not replaced him. 

Am not against Rhodes, like you say has a good record. But is not as good in last five years.

Just seems very similar to the other strikers we have, in age, pace, fitness.

not panicking on knight not being replaced yet, but been very apparent that has been going for a while.

was just my opinion that I don’t think currently we have a better squad than last year.

or done much to address the issues within in, lack of pace, energy, fitness, lack of goals. Defence I’m really happy with personally. 

3 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

If we end up with Collins, Rhodes and Washington after Warne's 'three good strikers' comment...

With the likes of May and Smith gone to promotion rivals, I'd like to think we have someone better up our sleeve than Rhodes for that third striker spot.

I hope we’re still aiming for our first striker spot!