Jordan Rhodes - gone to Blackpool

Topram

17 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Am finding it so depressing that every striker we’re linked with is over 30.

out squad doesn’t feel any younger or quicker than last year. We’ve lost knights energy so far. 

these were all the excuses given as to why ended the season so poorly. 

And that we had too small a squad.

Warne backtracks worse than the tories

20 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Am finding it so depressing that every striker we’re linked with is over 30.

out squad doesn’t feel any younger or quicker than last year. We’ve lost knights energy so far. 

these were all the excuses given as to why ended the season so poorly. 

Eh? We haven't actually signed 'em so a bit of a premature moan!

18 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We're in League One with next to to money whatsoever.

There's absolutely nothing out there in the free agent market.

This bloke has scored just over 200 goals in just over 400 games and some of us are saying no.

I'm intrigued as to realistically you'd want us to sign? Or would fit in a wage budget? 

I'm not saying he's a world beater or I'd be excited. But it's league one. We are where we are. Personally think he could comfortably score between 10-15 goals at this level.

Also Knight hasn't even been gone a week yet and some people are panicking that we've not replaced him. 

I guess the lack of enthusiasm is probably because he's 33 and of those 200+ goals he's only scored 39 in total over the last 7 seasons. OK, he might be another Didzy but does he play the same sort of game as McGoldrick or does he rely more on pace and energy? (I honestly don't know his game well enough). 

Edited by Tamworthram

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I guess the lack of enthusiasm is probably because he's 33 and of those 200+ goals he's only scored 39 in total over the last 7 seasons. OK, he might be another Didzy but does he play the same sort of game as McGoldrick or does he rely more on pace and energy? (I honestly don't know his game well enough). 

His pace and energy would look discernibly better if I was pushing him around in a wheelbarrow.

Rhodes would offer us very little outside the box in regards to helping with the build up play and we already have James Collins that excels in that department. However if we are going with wingbacks who are going to get plenty of crosses into the box then he will be a decent addition.  Give him chances and he will definitely score at this level.