Jordan Rhodes - gone to Blackpool

Topram

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

As I was having a little read of the fall out of their loss to Blackpool, it was evident that he was a class apart from the rest of his team. They made reference of him wanting to get on the first bus back to Huddersfield. The comments very similar to our issues with Rosenior last season.

On Rhodes, he’s had the best goal per minutes ratio in each of Huddersfield’s last three seasons. He’s played in the Championship for over a decade and is one of the most decorated forwards at that level in the last 20-30 years. I have absolutely no doubts that Blackpool have deeper creativity issues, but ultimately I am positive that Rhodes will stand as a class apart at this level. To compare him to Collins, in my opinion, is disrespectful. Waghorn and Washington are different types of players. I’m happy to get TJJ as I think he has the potential to be a real player for us not only at this level but higher up the leagues.

My opinion stand, you can have yours, i will have my, will not even hit double figures mate, time will tell. 

You know i am a man of my word 20 pound he will not hit 10 goals for Blackpool, if i lose I will donate 20 pound to Cancer research, if you lose you do the same. 

• 1 month later...
On 27/08/2023 at 23:24, DerbyAleMan said:

My opinion stand, you can have yours, i will have my, will not even hit double figures mate, time will tell. 

You know i am a man of my word 20 pound he will not hit 10 goals for Blackpool, if i lose I will donate 20 pound to Cancer research, if you lose you do the same. 

Was that 10 goals by the end of the season or by the end of October? 

It has been good of Rhodes to put on notice just how the most run of the mill Championship striker (at this stage of his career) looks in this f****** dreadful league.

I didn’t expect him to get 9 goals in 10 games, but assumed he would easily get 20 at this level. He looks like it could be on for 30+ if he carries on. 

Edited by Ambitious

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

It has been good of Rhodes to put on notice just how the most run of the mill Championship striker (at this stage of his career) looks in this f****** dreadful league.

I didn’t expect him to get 9 goals in 10 games, but assumed he would easily get 20 at this level. He looks like it could be on for 30+ if he carries on. 

Thanks for the reminder lol

Yes it is a poor division, alot said we could not afford him. Which now with hindsight looks a shame. 

Against Blackpool, i thought Nelson did very well against him, shows you what a great defender we have in Nelson. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Also looks like I owe 20 pound now to Cancer research which is a win win for everyone. 

On 25/10/2023 at 19:35, DerbyAleMan said:

Thanks for the reminder lol

Yes it is a poor division, alot said we could not afford him. Which now with hindsight looks a shame. 

Against Blackpool, i thought Nelson did very well against him, shows you what a great defender we have in Nelson. 

Nelson, like Rhodes, is probably at the stage of his career where he could probably carve out a career in the Championship, probably as a third/fourth choice in a team, but looks streets ahead of everyone at this level. 

I was never in doubt that Rhodes was too quick mentally for defenders at this level, even if his legs have gone a bit, he is a composed finisher and most defenders at this level give strikers every chance to put the ball in the goal. 

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

116 - Lansbury

90 - Bryson to QPR

67 - Kodja

67 - Forestieri

60 - Jota

59 - McCormack

58 - Dursan

43 - Austin

41 - Rhodes

36 - Watkins

35 - Antonio

Kodjia was the first that came to mind. That was in prime Mad Mel era.

The Foriesteri rumours were quality as well. Seem to recall them starting straight after a loss.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Kodjia was the first that came to mind. That was in prime Mad Mel era.

The Foriesteri rumours were quality as well. Seem to recall them starting straight after a loss.

I miss the days where our transfer strategy was to get our targets to refuse to play for their clubs.

It’s no wonder there wasn’t much sympathy for us really 

On 28/10/2023 at 02:23, valakari said:

Its our own fault..a no brainer ..wtf didn't we sign him...especially as it was reported that he actually was at Moor Farm and had a medical!!???

The rumour at the time was that he did the medical, then turned round and demanded more money after it had all practically been agreed. I can kind of see why that would peeve people at the club if true, that being said he is doing very well for Blackpool. 

On 30/10/2023 at 11:34, YorkshireRam said:

The rumour at the time was that he did the medical, then turned round and demanded more money after it had all practically been agreed. I can kind of see why that would peeve people at the club if true, that being said he is doing very well for Blackpool. 

And to be fair, he does get to go and have a swim in the sea every day after training.