Chris Martin

mozza

Chris Martin   

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can we let Chris Martin retire in peace ffs. He's about 43, probably is as many stone now too, and definitely doesn't fit the Paul Warne high pressing style.  Martin was an absolute legend, could probably still do a job, but not in this team. 

Edited by SK47

25 minutes ago, SSD said:

Did you see the running drill the lads did yesterday?

Chrissy has the turning circle of a lorry, he'd have Warne's whistle blowing right down his eardrum!

And yet he was always in place to receive and  hold up the ball. Knew when to press to close the man down and is good in the air and at winning free kicks.

I expect that he will be after a championship contract.

6 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Mate... 

It's actually a really good program that man vs fat with a good message + supports men's mental health. 

Not cool

I meant nothing against the noble souls in the photo and I applaud the initiative.

Heart says yes, I used to love his hold up play and goals, but my head says no, it’s been and gone and I don’t think he would suit Warne’s ethos…

It’s a no…

I’ll say the same thing I said last time Chris Martin, or as I like to think of him The Best Striker We Had In a Generation. Looking back it felt like we were having the same debates every time and whether it was the end of the season or when he was returning from loans or his main return under Cocu. The thing is, every time Chris Martin came back into the team, he worked hard scored goals and contributed. I have no doubt he’d come and prove a lot of people on here wrong again. It won’t happen because he’s not a Warne player and that’s fine, but the madness here is that those debates were like Norwich fans debating the merits of Pukki or Fulham fans with Mitrovic.

There is an interesting discussion to have on Martin’s time at Derby, he was the best striker we had and there were highs and lows, but I’ve longed got past the idea that a good sensible discussion will ever happen on here. There is fault on both sides of the debate, but there is a certain incredulous feeling that those that like him were having to defend our best striker in the first place!

No i don’t think he will be coming, but he deserves more respect than he gets on here.

Edited by TuffLuff

If we were going to be playing a 4-3-3 that needed someone to hold the ball up, keep it on the floor and bring others in to play then he'd be worth a punt. He was great at that.

What we need right now is someone that can press for 60-70 minutes and fit within a more direct, fast transition style. So he's not worth a punt on that basis in my opinion.

Has he left QPR? 
last I heard was he was going to sign a new contract there. As a super sub.

we stalk about Chris because no one has properly replaced him (I know Didz do for a year). 

id quite like Godden - he’s be great in L1 theoretically and solid in Championship if we go up. Not a prolific striker like our Chris though 😂