Chris Martin

mozza

Chris Martin   

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Rev said:

I wouldn't argue with that.

We shouldn't go back.

Those that seek to revise history though, like he wasn't one of the best centre forwards in our recent history, need to accept he was actually a very good player, in a very decent team.

Totally agree.  He was a very clever player and helped others to score.  If Mad Mel didn’t have an itchy trigger finger and had stuck with Mac 2 I’m convinced we’d have gone up the following season.  Mac knew how to get the best out of him and a system that made use of his talents.

But no, we shouldn’t go back.  And he shouldn’t want to either.

If he was playing and banging in goals in the championship last year surely he can do the same in league one? Is McGoldrick a traditional PW player ? No, he wasn't but he was the first name on his team sheet last season.

6 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I actually think Chrissy would still do a decent job in League One. Can hold up the ball, brings others into play and knows where the back of the net is. Surely would be a welcome addition looking at our current options.

Last time a player for time he was last here playing black and white shirt he had scored over 50 goals for derby.

It’s such a shame he isn’t playing in Fozzy’s testimonial. Presume it’s because he’s training with another club. If Warne was remotely interested and Chrissy wanted to come home, you’d imagine he’d be taking a look at him.

“There is no intention, respectfully from me, to sign him. I play with a high press at the front of the pitch and I'd look a bit of an idiot if I signed a non-pressing centre forward in truth.

"I don't know if he ever did press, but he's a target man and a great finisher. But you pick players who suit your system, not the other way around."

Great Paul Warne quote. Not sure if he was speaking about Chris Martin or Jordan Rhodes at the time.

kevin mchale ugh GIF

• 5 months later...

Question; We're at the end of the window and haven't managed to get anyone in, CM is still available, would you take him?

I would, but then again, I'd take almost anyone in for back up.

On 20/07/2023 at 22:13, ivo_knoflicek said:

Bobby Davison

Seth Johnson 

that’s about it…

I'm not sure Bobby ot Seth were a shadow of their prior selves when they came back. Seth played a good cameo role but his knees were paggered by that time, Bobby played only ten games (OK, he scored 8 but still) before going back out on loan. Steve Bloomer scored at the same ratio for the 100 games when he came back, besides that I'm not sure I can think of many. Which is why I never fail to be amazed at this romantic notion that players age like wine, sorry but they don't - to quote Vicent Vega they sadly turn to vinegar.

11 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Question; We're at the end of the window and haven't managed to get anyone in, CM is still available, would you take him?

I would, but then again, I'd take almost anyone in for back up.

Absolutely not. 

Warne has stated he's not a player he's interested in, so would make no sense signing him and saying there you go Paul, here's that player you didn't want as back up, enjoy.