Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Just now, GenBr said:

Sorry - did you forget what you said?

Let me refresh your memory - you said Ipswich spent loads of money. They didn't and now you're upset because you were wrong i take it? Spending less than £2 million in a season is not "loads of money". End. Only relevant point. 

Not sure why you've got so upset about it, but its not beyond the realms of possibility that we will do the exact same thing.

They got out of league one by spending loads of money (relatively to league one). I don't think they're spending Man City money. Neither do you. It's obvious to both of us it was meant relatively, and if you're arguing to the contrary you are being deliberately ignorant. 

I haven't got upset about it. I find it annoying when people make disingenuous points. I was right in what I said, they spent a lot of money. It's all relative. They spent relatively more than anyone else in the division. If we do the same thing, the same thing should be said about us? What relevance is that? 

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

No Didzy updated rumours? Noone saw anyone being given tour of training ground? Need Bielsa wannabe 

If he hasn't resigned I can only assume he has other offers as I thought he would having had a decent season.  That's fine but if he's dawdling we need to get moving as we need possibly 3 forwards and at least 4 or 5 other players.  Apparently, he was washed up last summer and didn't get a call.  Then he got the best one he could in his circumstances from a club down the road and the chance to play in front of the biggest home crowds in his career.  Time to poo or get off the pot in the next week as the choice should be straight forward and we can't be hanging on as a bargaining chip.  

9 hours ago, CBRammette said:

No Didzy updated rumours? Noone saw anyone being given tour of training ground? Need Bielsa wannabe 

It seems to me that Leigh Curtis at DET keeps hinting that respect should be afforded to Didzy if he decides to finish his career elsewhere.

My guess would be - if he leaves- back to Notts County which was where he started. Also, I believe he said he was a Notts County fan rather than a Notts Forest fan, when he joined us.

12 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

It seems to me that Leigh Curtis at DET keeps hinting that respect should be afforded to Didzy if he decides to finish his career elsewhere.

My guess would be - if he leaves- back to Notts County which was where he started. Also, I believe he said he was a Notts County fan rather than a Notts Forest fan, when he joined us.

He was watching them at Wembley 👍🏻

14 pages and still nothing . But the Prem only have a week to go , so there is a possibility of loan signings after that. Play offs still ongoing so nothing from those clubs . McGoldrick still being paid till the end of June , so that situation will be kept under wraps. Speculation  only next week I imagine.

18 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

14 pages and still nothing . But the Prem only have a week to go , so there is a possibility of loan signings after that. Play offs still ongoing so nothing from those clubs . McGoldrick still being paid till the end of June , so that situation will be kept under wraps. Speculation  only next week I imagine.

This is the deadest time. Leagues are still going on with the play offs. All other players are at Pontins. Transfer window not open yet, contracts run til end of June. 

7 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Back to Derby then (the club who gave him his first senior debut).

Could we? maybe. Will we? Probably not. 
He’s just spent time on loan in the championship, he doesn’t strike me as a “Warne style” player, and I suspect he’ll still be playing in the championship next year in some capacity. 

36 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Could we? maybe. Will we? Probably not. 
He’s just spent time on loan in the championship, he doesn’t strike me as a “Warne style” player, and I suspect he’ll still be playing in the championship next year in some capacity. 

Read an article that basically said LR didn't rate his loan spell and won't be trying to get him back at Hull so he might need a step down next season.