Summer Rumour Mill

sage

This is the thread for all rumours you hear or read, to keep the yransfwr thread  clear of unsubstantiated stuff.

I'll start it off with what I've been told today by a reasonable source.

Aden Fkint has signed but is can't be announced yet 

We have bid for Bonis but his agent is touting him around so it get to be an auction.

We are hoping to get Jebbison on loan but he needs to sign a contract extension first 

Knight won't be here next year with 3 championship clubs plus Burnley (as a squad player) interested.

Just what I've heard today 

It may be rubbish but this thread is like Nottingham, keep all the crap on one place.

Rumours I’ve heard 

CB - Robertson joining on a free 

CB - Flint like the original poster has already signed 

DF/ MF - Hamer from burton 

CM - Wing has met Warne 

rumoured to be after Saki from Crystal Palace on loan 

RW Ogbene from Rotherham for a small fee 

LW / FW Warne has gone to scout Rodrigues and Langstaff today + winger a chesterfield 

CF - Warne has held talks with Billy Sharp ( according to Ben Osborn ) 

16 minutes ago, sage said:

This is the thread for all rumours you hear or read, to keep the yransfwr thread  clear of unsubstantiated stuff.

We have bid for Bonis but his agent is touting him around so it get to be an auction.

We are hoping to get Jebbison on loan but he needs to sign a contract extension first 

Knight won't be here next year with 3 championship clubs plus Burnley (as a squad player) interested.

It may be rubbish but this thread is like Nottingham, keep all the crap on one place.

This is cryptic and we’re signing Bale aren’t we? 

10 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Not a rumour, but how much do we recon that Langstaff fellow from Notts County would cost if Notts fail to go up?

Realistically could be anywhere between £150k - 3m  most likely something like this 

sell knight - £2.5m + add ons

sign longstaff 

£300k + add ons circa 750k if promoted extra £1m 

24 minutes ago, sage said:

Jebbison looks too good for league one, would love him here but be amazed if a championship club didn’t want him for a season loan.

would be happy with flint, by all accounts was terrible last night though.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ve heard:

Warne wants a full rebuild in midfield. Knight, Bird and Hourihane to be sold for funds.

McGoldrick doesn’t want to renew. Will go to Notts County if they’re promoted.

We want to sign Wes Harding and Josh Vickers (backup GK) from Rotherham.

Would think if those four leaving it would start happening quickly, you’re almost replacing the whole team if that’s the case. 

love mcgoldrick but we probably have one more season tops with him. Has to be replaced at some point.

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ve heard:

Warne wants a full rebuild in midfield. Knight, Bird and Hourihane to be sold for funds.

The one post I saw on here suggested McGoldrick was hoping we'd get promoted and doesn't like playing in so many competitions. Can't see why dropping a division fixes that

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The one post I saw on here suggested McGoldrick was hoping we'd get promoted and doesn't like playing in so many competitions. Can't see why dropping a division fixes that

Contrasting information clearly - who knows which (if either) is correct. I’d imagine the justification for dropping a division may be that Warne has told him he’ll be rotated more next season, whereas he still wants to be the main man somewhere. Going to the club he supports would seem ideal if that’s the case. Pure guesswork on my part for the reasoning though.

26 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Would think if those four leaving it would start happening quickly, you’re almost replacing the whole team if that’s the case. 

love mcgoldrick but we probably have one more season tops with him. Has to be replaced at some point.

We’d be wanting cash for Bird, Knight and Hourihane, so that won’t happen for a month or so yet. We’d need to have our targets to replace them lined up and ready to go though, as you say there’d be a lot of work to do 8n a short space of time.

I imagine we’ll get a decision from McGoldrick sooner. Every season could be his last now, so I can understand why he wants to think carefully about it.

49 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ve heard:

I wouldn't be hugely surprised if Knight and Bird go, but Hourihane would be strange. I wouldn't have thought he would command much of a fee these days, and would be better to keep around. 

McGoldrick one I find a little unbelievable. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I wouldn't be hugely surprised if Knight and Bird go, but Hourihane would be strange. I wouldn't have thought he would command much of a fee these days, and would be better to keep around. 

McGoldrick one I find a little unbelievable. 

So Ben Osborn is really close to him ( Ben is the co owner of the Lonely Boy Bar in borrowash)

spoke to him and my mate who is the go owner.

mcgolderick is not entirely happy with the situation wants to be playing less football and doesn’t feel he has the fitness for the full games we have in league 1. Also what’s assurance of improvements made to other strikers.

According to Ben Warne has been in conversation with Billy Sharp over a 12 month contract as well as Ender Stevensons and Ollie Norwood. He’s close to Heckingbottom and has enquired about Oswula and Jebbison next season too.

as for Ben Osborn himself his agent had offers from Luton , Villa , Boro, Ipswich and Rangers but he’s decided to sign an 18 month extension 

1 hour ago, simmoram1995 said:

Rumours I’ve heard 

CB - Robertson joining on a free 

CB - Flint like the original poster has already signed 

DF/ MF - Hamer from burton 

CM - Wing has met Warne 

rumoured to be after Saki from Crystal Palace on loan 

RW Ogbene from Rotherham for a small fee 

LW / FW Warne has gone to scout Rodrigues and Langstaff today + winger a chesterfield 

CF - Warne has held talks with Billy Sharp ( according to Ben Osborn ) 

I know PW said he was going to the play off final to see if there was anything he fancied but I would hope watching them in the final at Wembley wouldn't be the first time he'd watched a player. It's hardly a normal game.

My guess is that anyone he went to see he'd already seen play at least once before.