Summer Rumour Mill

sage

22 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

image.png.006a525db7601691773f9c299d246528.png

Defensive stats compared to other wingers... 

BUT, he's not a wing back and probably wouldn't suit Warne.

Stats can be misleading at times. From watching him nothing made me think he’d be good defensively.

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Would like Ebiowei back on loan - wonder if he could be converted to a wing back? Seemed to struggle in the Championship so may he to drop down a level, but Warne should love him given how quick he runs.

Ebosele would have suited the right wind back role if he was still around. I think Ebiowei would be good as a inverted forward or off and around  the centre forward. He would bring an infection of pace and directness to our attack.

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Would like Ebiowei back on loan - wonder if he could be converted to a wing back? Seemed to struggle in the Championship so may he to drop down a level, but Warne should love him given how quick he runs.

Oh he would be mint .. I am just dreaming, it couldn’t happen could it ? That boy had a first touch that was sublime and he could wriggle along the bye line. And he had that cheeky cockiness that winners need. 

4 minutes ago, jono said:

Oh he would be mint .. I am just dreaming, it couldn’t happen could it ? That boy had a first touch that was sublime and he could wriggle along the bye line. And he had that cheeky cockiness that winners need. 

No it couldn’t. League One serves no purpose to him. He will likely be in the Championship again next year. 

1 hour ago, Ram1988 said:

Ebosele would have suited the right wind back role if he was still around. I think Ebiowei would be good as an inverted forward or off and around  the centre forward. He would bring an infection of pace and directness to our attack.

Feste would be a beast at this level. He’d bully the bullies defensively or attacking. Won’t happen but I know both those players loved us and we loved them. Their body language and enthusiasm was special. Those difficult games under Rooney and the EFL cosh were so much brighter when they were on the pitch. It was like Stingray “anything can happen in the next half hour” 🤣

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Ebosele was dropped because of his attitude when he got his  move to Italy.

Don't buy this "loves us" b******* 

Sure he went to Amsterdam shopping.  You don't mean he was fibbing to avoid a transfer fee and get a better wage on a longer deal. I was reliably informed everyone wanted to stay, including the manager.  Has anyone checked the cupboards as about 8 disappeared last summer. 😆

1 hour ago, jono said:

Feste would be a beast at this level. He’d bully the bullies defensively or attacking. Won’t happen but I know both those players loved us and we loved them. Their body language and enthusiasm was special. Those difficult games under Rooney and the EFL cosh were so much brighter when they were on the pitch. It was like Stingray “anything can happen in the next half hour” 🤣

If we had held onto them, Ebosele and Archie Brown could have been our wing backs, flanking Bird, Knight and Sibley with Cash behind and Delap and Kaide Gordon up front.

Shame on you MM. 

26 minutes ago, sage said:

If we had held onto them, Ebosele and Archie Brown could have been our wing backs, flanking Bird, Knight and Sibley with Cash behind and Delap and Kaide Gordon up front.

Shame on you MM. 

To be fair, both these fecked off before admin and both were offered contracts.  They choose to pontificate on loan till 23 like nomads before a move to Bournemouth.   

12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Wages and other offers from a higher league.  We may get a  31 yr old from the division above but not players in there 20's with twice the earning potential.  30 years ago yes but pull of club counts for less nowadays.

Well warn did say he wants players in the 20s but with being released he is no position demand for higher wages is he.

32 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

To be fair, both these fecked off before admin and both were offered contracts.  They choose to pontificate on loan till 23 like nomads before a move to Bournemouth.   

The club was in freefall though. They may have stayed if run properly with managers interested in bringing youth through. 

17 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well warn did say he wants players in the 20s but with being released he is no position demand for higher wages is he.

B4 - a free transfer player makes them even more attractive with no fee to pay.

However real factor is if multiple clubs want you, then you can play them off against each other.