Summer Rumour Mill

sage

With regards McGoldrick, he is someone id like to keep but if he goes I wont be overly concerned. I dont think many fans expected him to score as many as he did last season, so regardless of who we bring in and their previous stats, until they're playing we wont know if they will replace McGoldrick's goals.

He scored plenty & at times was a cheat code but I agreed with Warne when he said something like 60% of the time he is amazing but 40% of the time he ia frustrating. I cant remember the last time I was so frustrated with a player who scored so many goals, he can beat 4 players in 1 go then 2mins later misplace a simple pass which would have put us in a great attacking position. 

If he does stay, I dont think he will be a regular starter next season.

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

With regards McGoldrick, he is someone id like to keep but if he goes I wont be overly concerned. I dont think many fans expected him to score as many as he did last season, so regardless of who we bring in and their previous stats, until they're playing we wont know if they will replace McGoldrick's goals.

He scored plenty & at times was a cheat code but I agreed with Warne when he said something like 60% of the time he is amazing but 40% of the time he ia frustrating. I cant remember the last time I was so frustrated with a player who scored so many goals, he can beat 4 players in 1 go then 2mins later misplace a simple pass which would have put us in a great attacking position. 

Yeah I agree with this, can look at it also as in Collins and mcgoldrick scored 35 between them. Replacing that partnership is doable. Definitely were times where you wanted mcgoldrick to do the simple thing, but I guess he wouldn’t have scored that many if he always played it safe

and we had very few goals from wide areas last year. Hopefully can change that somewhat.

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Don't forget. 9 goals were scored in 3 games the other 13 league goals came in 36 games.

40 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

The usual suspects have us and Hull after Sonny Bradley, Luton captain, who's out of contract. Seems to tick boxes until you see he only played 19 games last season due to injuries and he's 31. Luton arent letting him go without good reason.

Would you not have said that about Didzy last season though? Guess how many games he played in 20/21 at 33/34 years old? 

1 hour ago, Rich3478 said:

Yeah I agree with this, can look at it also as in Collins and mcgoldrick scored 35 between them. Replacing that partnership is doable. Definitely were times where you wanted mcgoldrick to do the simple thing, but I guess he wouldn’t have scored that many if he always played it safe

and we had very few goals from wide areas last year. Hopefully can change that somewhat.

Could pick names out of a hat from this forum to partner Didzy and we’d get close to Collins’ contribution. 

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I am getting worried. He did not look impressed at the” lap of appreciation “with his family when 80% of fans could not be bothered to stay behind . He has been in talks with Warne for weeks. We need 80 odd goals next season for automatic and a lot of our players can’t hit a barn door.

I am getting a little concerned too. He has no agent so if he was happy with the deal on offer wouldn't he of signed by now? I think he may well be wanting to go to Notts County as his boyhood club. 

Didzy’s goals obvious. His first touch is excellent. Won a lot of headers to flick on which was a surprise. He’s the player you want to have the ball in the final third. Maybe tried a bit too much trickery around the half way line or in our half. Overall, with better a better striker and more midfield runners into the attacking third, would love him to stay for another season. 

1 hour ago, Ram1988 said:

I am getting a little concerned too. He has no agent so if he was happy with the deal on offer wouldn't he of signed by now? I think he may well be wanting to go to Notts County as his boyhood club. 

Depends if it’s a “take or leave it” offer or if negations are ongoing. Or maybe he’s weighing up the offer with other clubs he could be in conversation with.

My gut feeling is he won’t re-sign but I don’t think the fact that he hasn’t yet means it’s a certainty.