Summer Rumour Mill

sage

10 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Find it strange how relaxed people seem about the prospect of McGoldrick leaving, when we don't yet have any solid links for who's supposed to come in and help replace any of the 25 goals (either directly or through assists).

Even the players we've been linked with and/or suggested amongst ourselves, I don't get the impression all  that much is really known about their overall abilities and how they'd fit into the sort of team we want to see?

I certainly don't feel able to make any suggestions myself because I pretty much exclusively watch Derby, I'm just hoping other people have at least seen maybe 5, 10 performances by the players they're suggesting.

We don't yet have any reason to trust our recruitment under the new guy, despite a decent record previously - it's just a leap of faith at this stage!

Because we are so far ahead of normal with our retained list etc. It's still so early.

If we go further than that, it's that as much as we all want him, he's still 35 and isn't for the long term anyway. I wouldn't anticipate him playing quite as often if he does stay, mainly because I can't see us leaving ourselves so short of options to be able to rest him properly.

As for links... so? Everything has changed with Warne and now his man doing transfers. We didn't hear about Springett in January until it was happening, for example.

9 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Find it strange how relaxed people seem about the prospect of McGoldrick leaving, when we don't yet have any solid links for who's supposed to come in and help replace any of the 25 goals (either directly or through assists).

Even the players we've been linked with and/or suggested amongst ourselves, I don't get the impression all  that much is really known about their overall abilities and how they'd fit into the sort of team we want to see?

I certainly don't feel able to make any suggestions myself because I pretty much exclusively watch Derby, I'm just hoping other people have at least seen maybe 5, 10 performances by the players they're suggesting.

We don't yet have any reason to trust our recruitment under the new guy, despite a decent record previously - it's just a leap of faith at this stage!

I can only speak for myself, I tend not to worry about things I have no control over. If he stays it’ll be great, if he goes the club have to replace his goals, that’s the situation and I can only watch on with anticipation as it unfolds.
Warne and, by extension, the recruitment team have already highlighted a need for more goals throughout the side so I’m expecting the players we recruit and the way the team is set up next season to be geared around creating and finishing more chances than we managed this year. If that doesn’t transpire I’ll maybe worry about it then. 

Just now, Kokosnuss said:

Yes I get all of the above.

It just feels like some are already ushering him out of the door!

If that came across in my posts that’s not what I mean. I WANT him to stay and will be over the moon if he does. If he chooses to leave I’ll be grateful for what he offered this past season and wish him well for the future.

My ideal scenario is that he stays and plays as a 10 behind a new, more mobile striker with both of them racking up 15-20+ goals 🐏 

What I don’t get are the people seemingly jumping to one conclusion or another purely based on the passing of time, though others have shared alleged sources of sorts I’m still sceptical of that and would rather wait on official confirmation. Whatever happens will happen and then we move on. 

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I can only speak for myself, I tend not to worry about things I have no control over. If he stays it’ll be great, if he goes the club have to replace his goals, that’s the situation and I can only watch on with anticipation as it unfolds.
Warne and, by extension, the recruitment team have already highlighted a need for more goals throughout the side so I’m expecting the players we recruit and the way the team is set up next season to be geared around creating and finishing more chances than we managed this year. If that doesn’t transpire I’ll maybe worry about it then. 

You also have to remember that it is McGoldrick's fault that we didn't get promoted because he only got 24 goals and didn't score enough goals against Ipswich 😉

14 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

If McGoldrick does leave it makes the need for us to sign a goal scorer even more important. If this is the case hopefully Paul Warne will know sooner rather than later as a top CF may take up a significant part of our budget. 

I am getting worried. He did not look impressed at the” lap of appreciation “with his family when 80% of fans could not be bothered to stay behind . He has been in talks with Warne for weeks. We need 80 odd goals next season for automatic and a lot of our players can’t hit a barn door.

1 hour ago, NorwichExile said:

I was dating a Swansea ST holder during that. One night she was talking in her sleep and the only words I made out were "No Ferrie, don't go! It's a s*** hole". Relationship deteriorated quickly after that..

There is more than one interpretation to that story, the second interpretation is not for this site.😳

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

I am getting worried. He did not look impressed at the” lap of appreciation “with his family when 80% of fans could not be bothered to stay behind . He has been in talks with Warne for weeks. We need 80 odd goals next season for automatic and a lot of our players can’t hit a barn door.

I doubt he thought anything of it or if the number that stayed behind was much

different to what he’s seen before (unless the team had won promotion or something).