Portsmouth (H) Sat 29th April

Finding negatives about one of the worst sides to visit Pride Park since it was built (Accrington) beating the team joint on points with us sat in 5th on their own patch. 

Mind boggling. 

11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Just the one change for me with Barkhuizen in for Sibley, who I thought was the most wasteful in the final third last weekend.

Surely Barkhuizen was the most wasteful player in the game with the chance he blew to put us two up when through at the end of the game? Totally wasted a similar chance when failing to play a simple pass to Dobbin at Oxford.   Looks totally out of confidence and form to me.  

6 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

Surely Barkhuizen was the most wasteful player in the game with the chance he blew to put us two up when through at the end of the game? Totally wasted a similar chance when failing to play a simple pass to Dobbin at Oxford.   Looks totally out of confidence and form to me.  

And McGoldrick shooting straight at the keeper after his solo attempt where he won the ball at the touchline, tricked his way into the box turning and twisting until all he had to do was beat the keeper..... arguably the easiest part of what he did.

Barkhauzen did what you expect in that situation and hit it to the far post, he was quite narrow.

Realistically one of those 2 attempts should have resulted in a goal, but currently that is our 1 single problem, scoring a higher ratio of attempts created, which includes our 1 player that does score regularly. 

Agree it is a confidence issue, same with NML, Dobbin and Collins, but agree Barkhauzen has looked like he has no conviction in front of goal for a while, just need 1 to go in.

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Has to be the same team and formation. Those on here saying they'd drop Sibley after all the great things he did on Saturday, just wow.

Would be fantastic if we can get the win and Peterborough fail to win, but this is Derby so things rarely end up working out so easily.

I have a strong intuition that Sibley & NML will both score on Saturday. Logically the momentum is with us and we are at home so should give us the edge we need; but football isn’t a logic game and the uplifting of pressure from Portsmouth coupled with the added spice of a 30k crowd could give them a transformative lift. That’s the beauty of football…

8 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

Great time to be playing them as they now have nothing to play for. A big win here will really set up flying for the remaining game(s)

I’m still scarred by the time we played Reading at home on the last day of the season in 2015. They were safe and had nothing to play for and all we needed was a draw to secure our spot in the play offs and finish 5th. We lost 0:3 and ended up 8th.

9 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

Great time to be playing them as they now have nothing to play for. A big win here will really set up flying for the remaining game(s)

Apart from playing in front of a full house at PP in front of 3,000 of their own fans - I suspect Portsmouth will fancy this game so we will need to be better.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m still scarred by the time we played Reading at home on the last day of the season in 2015. They were safe and had nothing to play for and all we needed was a draw to secure our spot in the play offs and finish 5th. We lost 0:3 and ended up 8th.

Christ yes.

As low points go, that defeat to Reading was down there with anything I can remember in my 40 years following Derby, and there have been many.

Funny how we could be facing a similar situation against the Windies on the last day of the season.

It could be a day of jubilation, or of total despair.

Following the Rams. Its the hope that kills you!

37 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I am fully expecting the playoff run to go down to the last game. I would absolutely love it not to, but I am working on the assumption that it will.

I’d love it if our playoff run went down to the last game, at Wembley, on May 29th! Ideally with a win for the Rams thank you please 

From chatting to most of the players last night, I'd say they are very much up for this game.  They are enjoying the current formation and looking forward to the run-in.

I'm pleased to report Curtis wasn't hobbling at all and was in fact the last player to leave. Warne even later and Clowes still there chatting to all at 10.30 p.m.

29 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Christ yes.

As low points go, that defeat to Reading was down there with anything I can remember in my 40 years following Derby, and there have been many.

Funny how we could be facing a similar situation against the Windies on the last day of the season.

It could be a day of jubilation, or of total despair.

Following the Rams. Its the hope that kills you!

I convinced the family that the Centerparcs in Nottingham were the best just so I could slip away for that match.

I spent the evening kicking rabbits 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Since then - we’ve twice won on the last day to get in the playoffs 4-1 vs Barnsley and 3-1 against West Brom, on both occasions taking 7 points in our last 3 games to get the job done.