Portsmouth (H) Sat 29th April

Bumper crowd expected and I’m off to this one too. Caged tigers from the off and we can hand out a damn good thrashing!

Hopefully our penultimate home game of 22/23!

Sliding IN to the playoffs like:

Sheffield United Soccer GIF by Sheffield United Football Club

🐏❤️

8 minutes ago, Diego said:

Bumper crowd expected and I’m off to this one too. Caged tigers from the off and we can hand out a damn good thrashing!

Hopefully our penultimate home game of 22/23!

Sliding IN to the playoffs like:

Sheffield United Soccer GIF by Sheffield United Football Club

🐏❤️

I'm pleased David saves his energy for actually scoring the goals, rather than celebrating them, these days.

He can save the kneeslide for the winner at Wembley!

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Wildsmith

Forsyth Davies Cashin

Knight Hourihane Bird Roberts

Mendez-Laing McGoldrick Barkhuizen

Just the one change for me with Barkhuizen in for Sibley, who I thought was the most wasteful in the final third last weekend.

Personally i think Sibley needs to start.

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Just the one change for me with Barkhuizen in for Sibley, who I thought was the most wasteful in the final third last weekend.

Fair enough. But Sibley, Didzy and NML are still getting used to playing together. My hunch would be to stay with Sibley. He knows how to score and I think we’ll see better from him in terms of connection with the others. But if it’s not working then Warne needs to make changes in a proactive way 

50 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Wildsmith

Forsyth Davies Cashin

Knight Hourihane Bird Roberts

Mendez-Laing McGoldrick Barkhuizen

What more - or less wastefulness - do you expect Barkhuizen to contribute

I'd hope for an unchanged formation. Perhaps experiment with Smith in the middle instead of Hourihane and either push him further up as part of the three, dropping sibbo into left mid at the expense of roberts or leave him on the bench entirely. I think we really need to win this one, as i don't fancy our odds against Sheffield Wednesday if they have anything to play for on the final day. 

Looks like it'll be a full house with Portsmouth bringing a full allocation as well so should make for a cracking atmosphere. Ironic this is our final home game of the league 1 season, doesn't seem so long ago this was the first game of our ill-fated season back in the big time. 

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'd hope for an unchanged formation. Perhaps experiment with Smith in the middle instead of Hourihane and either push him further up as part of the three, dropping sibbo into left mid at the expense of roberts or leave him on the bench entirely. I think we really need to win this one, as i don't fancy our odds against Sheffield Wednesday if they have anything to play for on the final day. 

Looks like it'll be a full house with Portsmouth bringing a full allocation as well so should make for a cracking atmosphere. Ironic this is our final home game of the league 1 season, doesn't seem so long ago this was the first game of our ill-fated season back in the big time. 

It's got to be the same team and same shape. The balance seems to be there since the change to this formation.
Hourihane is in the best form of his season at the moment so it doesn't make sense to put Smith in there instead.

14 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Perhaps experiment with Smith in the middle instead of Hourihane

Why would you want to "experiment" now?

Hourihane has had two very decent games last week vs Exeter & Burton, and apart from Burton hitting the post and the header over the bar near the end, Derby should have been out of sight by at least three more goals by FT.

Two wins with the same players and formation has proven the right balance and should continue.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's got to be the same team and same shape. The balance seems to be there since the change to this formation.
Hourihane is in the best form of his season at the moment so it doesn't make sense to put Smith in there instead.

I feel against better teams we still lack the sufficient defensive solidity with both hourihane and bird that may be needed. Once or twice Burton did capitalise on Hourihane's inability to manage the middle when he sat deep and we lost the ball quickly. I think Smith could perhaps add a little extra bit in the middle. 

16 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I feel against better teams we still lack the sufficient defensive solidity with both hourihane and bird that may be needed. Once or twice Burton did capitalise on Hourihane's inability to manage the middle when he sat deep and we lost the ball quickly. I think Smith could perhaps add a little extra bit in the middle. 

Burton had 6 shots in total.

1 - Long shot from 25 yards which dribbled along the floor towards Wildsmith
2 - Davies failed to incept the pass which deflected off Cashin (the shot which hit the post)
3 - Long shot from 30 yards which didn't have enough pace on it to cause real issue. You could argue Hourihane wasn't close enough to his man, but he obviously did enough to make the attacker think a more than hopeful shot was the best option.
4 - Did the freekick from 35 yards count as a shot?
5 - The tame header resulting from the freekick counted as a shot too
6 - Header from a corner which went over the bar