Burton Albion (H) Sat 22nd April

Nothing but a win here please against the team from East Staffordshire. 

I want to be like this with 10 mins to go please for a change:

mascot ram GIF by Ryerson University

Come on you Rams 🐏 ❤️

I’m originally from Burton, so I have a bit of a soft spot the Brewers. But the ‘a38 derby’ has normally been a bit of a damp squib, more important to them than for us and normally ends up with us either losing or drawing.

we have to be grateful to them for scalping some pretty big teams in the last few weeks from a points/table perspective, and they’ve clearly picked up since Jimmy Floyd left.

Of all of the last remaining games this is the one, on paper, you’d expect/need us to get a certain 3 points, but they’ve had great form recently. 

if we play like we did in the 2nd half last night then we should be ok. Mebbe if NML is leggy then swap him for Dobbin..? But stick to a stronger back line and some pacy attack play and we should be ok.

Derby 1 (Mcgoldrick 3rd minute)

Brewers 3 (all goals scored via penalty in the 7 mins extra time of the second half) 

😭

Burton are safe now , bar a miracle. Will their players be on the beach already?We could definitely do with some goals to improve the average. Let’s be honest , with 3,000 fans at home , they should never be able to compete with our £10k a week stars. More like a village team.

14 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Burton are safe now , bar a miracle. Will their players be on the beach already?We could definitely do with some goals to improve the average. Let’s be honest , with 3,000 fans at home , they should never be able to compete with our £10k a week stars. More like a village team.

Well that’s cursed us now. 😀

35 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

Forsyth   Davies   Cashin

Knight   Bird   Hourihane   Roberts

Mendez-Laing   Sibley

McGoldrick

Subs: McGee, Rooney, Smith, White, Barkhuizen, Dobbin, Collins

Wheeldon for Collins and this seems reasonable enough. 

The Exeter win was our best away win of the season, maybe our best win given form and pressure.

The play offs is well and truly back on (if it was ever off) but Burton at home is a must win game. We need a magnificent turn out from the supporters and I mean noise, support, no let up.

I wouldn’t object to an unchanged team, lots of it worked - wing backs, central defence, NML up front with McGoldrick, Sibley advanced, Hourihane deep and controlled.

Come on you Rams!

2 minutes ago, Will the Ram said:

We don’t have a good record against Forest lately either (worse actually).

Two perfectly good goals disallowed in the last 3 years which would have beat them however and an assault from the keeper last year which should have been a red card twice over.