Burton Albion (H) Sat 22nd April

I really hope this is the last time we play them for a long long time.

No hatred for the weird little club, it’s just that, well it’s weird. Their fanbase is basically the Derby fans doing anything to avoid shopping and DIY when Derby are away.

They even sign ex Derby players in the hope we have some chants to bring across, make some kind of atmosphere in a ground that doesn’t have the capacity to host the Staffordshire tiddlywinks competition.

The 50 legitimate Burton fans try to create some kind of rivalry on social media, Leicester on a much smaller insignificant scale basically.

BBC have no real interest in covering them, we’ve drawn the short sympathy straw in giving them 5 minutes coverage here and there.

Let’s not pretend either here that the whole town doesn’t smell, and that’s saying something whilst sat here in Grimsby..

Stinks more than those pub team kits they get each season and that’s saying something.

The kit manufacturers look like the made up companies Forest have started to create to bypass P&S through rogue sponsorships.

We could probably have a whip round on here and afford to sponsor the front of their shirts next season, although I would rather we had a whip round for a more worthy cause than funding a club who’s fans travel to away in a shopping trolly.

Anyhow, I think we’ll win 3-1. 

I do wish we’d all stop this belittling of Burton (well, until after the match anyway😀). Feels like we’re tempting fate and “little old Albion” will frustrate us and grab a draw. I think they’ve proved recently that, whilst they may be one of the minnows in the league, they are capable of springing a surprise or two.

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Especially when you consider how Massive we are. If we don’t win on Saturday, the players should hang their heads in shame and go into hiding during the Summer.

Saw you in my notifications and was expecting to be told off again, but I agree.

We need to be winning this. 

They are safe unfortunately, however that also means they have nothing to play for.

We have everything to play for, if we go and lose this, I'm with you, the players will need to hang their heads in shame.

2 hours ago, David said:

No hatred for the weird little club, it’s just that, well it’s weird. Their fanbase is basically the Derby fans doing anything to avoid shopping and DIY when Derby are away.

They even sign ex Derby players in the hope we have some chants to bring across, make some kind of atmosphere in a ground that doesn’t have the capacity to host the Staffordshire tiddlywinks competition.

The 50 legitimate Burton fans try to create some kind of rivalry on social media, Leicester on a much smaller insignificant scale basically.

BBC have no real interest in covering them, we’ve drawn the short sympathy straw in giving them 5 minutes coverage here and there.

Let’s not pretend either here that the whole town doesn’t smell, and that’s saying something whilst sat here in Grimsby..

Stinks more than those pub team kits they get each season and that’s saying something.

The kit manufacturers look like the made up companies Forest have started to create to bypass P&S through rogue sponsorships.

We could probably have a whip round on here and afford to sponsor the front of their shirts next season, although I would rather we had a whip round for a more worthy cause than funding a club who’s fans travel to away in a shopping trolly.

I like Burton. They're a well run club that has done extremely well in recent times to get into and stay at a high league level relative to their history. Plenty there we could learn about sustainability and sensible business growth.

No delusions of grandeur or entitlement among their fans (unlike us), as a club you could argue they are punching above their weight (unlike us) and on the pitch they always give us a good game. They're a small, but decent club. Oh, and while we're at it if you're going to slag off Burton have you been into the s'hole that is Derby recently? And that's from someone who lives in Derby.

Given our recent record against them and their respective performances against top 6 sides recently, we'd do well to win this one. 

Fair play to Burton for their achievements, but personally it does irk me that so many small clubs are achieving these days. I know that's an arrogant statement to make but it is a sickener that the likes of Bournemouth, Brentford and Brighton are clogging up the PL with Luton, Hull and co in the championship and then there's us and Wednesday in the dirt. 

It may be just me personally but would i'd rather watch Wednesday v Ipswich over Brentford v Bournemouth or Luton v Rotherham any time. 

Anyway i think Burton will annoyingly put a performance in (as they always do) but we'll have just enough this time to scrape a win. 

2-1 Derby.

40 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I like Burton. They're a well run club that has done extremely well in recent times to get into and stay at a high league level relative to their history. Plenty there we could learn about sustainability and sensible business growth.

No delusions of grandeur or entitlement among their fans (unlike us), as a club you could argue they are punching above their weight (unlike us) and on the pitch they always give us a good game. They're a small, but decent club. Oh, and while we're at it if you're going to slag off Burton have you been into the s'hole that is Derby recently? And that's from someone who lives in Derby.

Given our recent record against them and their respective performances against top 6 sides recently, we'd do well to win this one. 

I'd say, despite our current respective forms (I'm not sure previous results are any sort of guide given how rarely we've played them), we should beat them and they will "do well" not to lose but it's far from an easy game.

3 hours ago, David said:

…of hops @David used to make beer like Bass & Marston’s Pedigree and Ind Coope DBA. Better I’d say than the aroma of dead fish 😮. I rest my case yer’onour. <Call the first witness>…