V Shrewsbury Town (H) 4th March 15.00

Boycie

I personally feel we made unnecessary changes today. Smith has been solid at rb and should of stayed where he was, there was no need for Rooney to come in unless you're resting Smith, which wasn't the case.

Very similar to the Argyle game we threw away at home. Showed glimpses but never took control. Felt like we were short of a calming influence today and looked like we couldn't get out 2 gear for large parts of the game.

After such a great run and tight defence not so long ago, really struggling to understand how we're now looking so vulnerable at times.

Very annoying.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Pathetic. Hang your heads in shame Derby. Hang your heads in shame.

Pathetic post. 

They were poor in the second half (and Shrewsbury stepped up their game) but to call for the players to "hang their heads in shame" is ridiculous. I'm sure they're as disappointed as we are.

16 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I just wanted to share my thoughts on our current situation. Personally, I don't see our team as being worthy of promotion at the moment. It's frustrating to watch, but I think our hands are tied due to the transfer restrictions imposed on us.

In my opinion, the 2-year ban on transfers from the EFL was too harsh. It's clear that they wanted to make an example out of our club, without any consideration for the impact it would have on us fans. We're now facing the possibility of losing some of our best players like Cashin and Knight in the summer, which is really going to harm our chances.

It's not fair that the EFL is happy to give demoted Premier League teams an unfair advantage with parachute payments, but they're so quick to punish us for a mistake our former owner made. It just feels immoral to punish Derby in this way.

To add to our troubles, some of our older players seem tired and worn out from playing too many physical games. It's a tough time to be a Rams fan, but I'm still holding out hope for brighter days ahead.

Are we expecting too much of the younger less experienced players we have.

Agree some of our older players seem tired. Don’t blame the EFL tho’ if one of our top 3 players (White) wasn’t started. Or if Fozzie makes an error and Hourihane takes evasive measures in the wall. Or if Rooney loses his head. Or if we just don’t see what’s likely to be coming first 10 mins of the second half. 

If you want to strike a positive note, Smith’s performance might be a turning point for our heretofore lacklustre midfield 

We just haven't got that little bit extra to get us up towards the top 2. Thankfully the ones around us drew today. Plymouth, Ipswich and possibly Barnsley can fall out over 2nd spot now, we've got to try and stay in the playoff positions. 

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Still don’t think Warne has worked out what his best team is, what each players best position is, or what formation to play.  Our recent form is troubling, and the Manager is not convincing me he can walk his talk.

May be or did he have one eye on Tuesday night and changed things with that in mind. Also we have Bird out which has upset the balance and I don’t think he’s worked out how to fill the gap.

12 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Complacency has killed us. Must admit myself I had it as game over at HT.

To be fair I know we had Dobbin’s header at the end but really disappointing not to be knocking on their door for the final few minutes.

Well there wasnt much actual football played in the final minutes

1 hour ago, oomarkwright said:

Yeh disgracefully defensive so far. Only 2-0 up. What are you playing at Warne! 

I didn’t say it was wrong selection. Roberts goal was a scorcher. But two points dropped . Still the way they came back we could have lost so could have been worse.

I still think we are well on course for the play-offs. I would love us to get promoted but I wouldn't be that bothered if we didn't to be perfectly honest. 

I would still back us to win promotion next season and in effect we would be back in the Championship with a clean slate and able to buy a Warne team that could compete at the top end.

Like I said, of course promotion this season would be great but if we miss out it would not be the end of the world by any stretch.