Barnsley (A), Saturday 25th February 3pm.

Rev

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

It needs more than Bird. We need more engine in midfield. The obvious answer is for Knight to sit deeper. Another option is Tommo. We’ll not beat the stronger teams if we give up the midfield 

I agree we definitely need a midfielder with strength and presence, but I don’t think Knight or Thompson would work.

We need a new player in there, but that can’t happen till the summer

Crazy - when we played Barnsley in both games at home this season, I thought they were poor - never saw today coming. Maybe our make shift back 4 is starting to show signs of the fact that well it’s make shift. 

I think it’s clear since max bird has been injured our form has dipped and we control games far less. Sometimes you just don’t realise how important a player is to a team until they aren’t there. 

Edited by Ramos

43 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Missing Bird massively in these away games. I don't know whether we're going into these away games planning to play kick and rush or if we're being forced into it by the other team but it's incredibly frustrating to watch, especially when you consider how good we are on the ball in our home games.

The concerning thing for me is that the highest placed team we've beaten away from home is Port Vale who are 16th, so while our away form has improved under Warne it's only been a marginal improvement. I think you can safely write off the Plymouth, Peterborough and Wednesday away games but hopefully our home form will hopefully carry us through to the playoffs.

Agree. Far too much played long today & with McGoldrick up top, that made no sense at all. If you're going to bang it into the corners, start with Collins. We desperately miss Bird, both his composure on the ball & his defensive nous...very underrated by most.

38 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Might be time for Jake Rooney in a DM role away from home. 

And this is how I'd deal with the loss of Bird. Rooney sitting which would allow Smith & Sibley to push further forward. It would also negate opposition trying to bully us. Then 2 of White, Knight & Hourihane playing more advanced & looking to control tempo of the game & win the ball further up the park.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

18 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Crazy - when we played Barnsley in both games at home this season, I thought they were poor - never saw today coming. Maybe our make shift back 4 is starting to show signs of the fact that well it’s make shift. 

I think it’s clear since max bird has been injured our form has dipped and we control games far less. Sometimes you just don’t realise how important a player is to a team until they aren’t there. 

We’re a totally different team post January transfer window, we’ve strengthened where we needed to, and we’re getting better every week. 

5 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Agree. Far too much played long today & with McGoldrick up top, that made no sense at all. If you're going to bang it into the corners, start with Collins. We desperately miss Bird, both his composure on the ball & his defensive nous...very underrated by most.

And this is how I'd deal with the loss of Bird. Rooney sitting which would allow Smith & Sibley to push further forward. It would also negate opposition trying to bully us. Then 2 of White, Knight & Hourihane playing more advanced & looking to control tempo of the game & win the ball further up the park.

But not so long ago White was a brilliant stand in for Bird ?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

But not so long ago White was a brilliant stand in for Bird ?

White is very good technically & I like his range of passing but he lacks Bird's ability to break up play. We need a more solid base particularly away from home or Port Vale (in 16th) will remain the highest team we beat away.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

16 minutes ago, NIGHTMARE said:

We’re a totally different team post January transfer window, we’ve strengthened where we needed to, and we’re getting better every week. 

We hit the bar and missed at least two sitters. We were poor, you were okay.

image.thumb.png.f8fc462a43a71612a0e68404895b0209.png

44 minutes ago, NIGHTMARE said:

How nice for you.

We can't spend any money, as I am sure you neither know nor care about.

I have never understood the mentality of a supporter whose first thought after a good win is to post on the opposition's forum. You got no mates? 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't think you need to feel bad for the dozens that left at half- time! 

We  were the only two left on our row with 15 mins to go. Listened to Barnsley fans on the radio coming home . They all said that their January signings has made them much stronger . Our restrictions must make Warne feel sick. The only good thing is that it wasn’t the play-off final.