Barnsley (A), Saturday 25th February 3pm.

Rev

There is no let up to this titanic struggle for promotion. Based on points per game, Barnsley are the 4th best in the league, with us 5th. Win, and we overtake them; lose and the spectre of Wycombe looms large in the rear-view mirror. What a season this is, with 7 teams in incredible form, seeking 6 places. Barnsley top the (traditional 6-game) form table with us only 5th. We couldn't ask for a tougher game.

These are the matches that help define a season. If we are seriously hoping to challenge, now is the time to prove it and step up to the mark. Presuming everyone is fit, the starting 11 will surely be unchanged. We'll have 5,000 Rams cheering the team on (well done every one of you). Warney will give a speech before kickoff about how he wishes he were playing, because if you don't want to be part of a game like this, why are you in football? I really think this game is the litmus test for where we now stand and what we can hope to achieve this season. I'm desperate for a win. To be looking up towards the top 2 rather than down and risking dropping out of the playoffs. Come on you Rams!

On 19/02/2023 at 17:29, RamLad1884 said:

Never change a winning team, don’t think any of the subs yesterday did enough to push into the starting 11.

I kind of agree but I think Warne likes Collins stubborn awkwardness away from home at the same time as protecting McG. It does make sense, for 60 mins or so. One thing for sure Harvey White White White to start COYR. In the Bobble Hat Meister we trust. ?