Barnsley (A), Saturday 25th February 3pm.

Rev

47 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The ref hardly gets a mention when we win, must just be a coincidence ?

Oh yes he does, even when he is good, as per the Charlton game. Although I have been trying to reign myself back a bit about the choss we get served up as match officials, but they do make it hard!

Just now, DavesaRam said:

No. We had already had our statutory good two refs per season. The ref for the Charlton match was hand-picked to make sure that Keith Loring’s visit wasn’t undermined by poor refereeing.

Basically we have been very poor the last 2 away games, out bullied by Wycombe’s physicality and just beaten by the better side today. The refs have not affected the results. I prefer to say well played, you were better on the day, on to the next one where we can put it right ?

3 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

No. We had already had our statutory good two refs per season. The ref for the Charlton match was hand-picked to make sure that Keith Loring’s visit wasn’t undermined by poor refereeing.

I doubt that would have been much of a consideration seeing as Keith's been dead for over a year. 

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Basically we have been very poor the last 2 away games, out bullied by Wycombe’s physicality and just beaten by the better side today. The refs have not affected the results. I prefer to say well played, you were better on the day, on to the next one where we can put it right ?

Indeed, the ref was poor today but we can't look any further than our defensive frailties and wasteful possession for today's defeat.  

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You are right we were awful at the back and it’s always easy to blame other forces but the bottom line today was poor defending and a lack of desire cost us the game.

4 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Get that @Diego chap back on the match threads. We seem to have gone into @Reverse.

You!

You caused this, with your stupidity earlier in the Charlton thread. 

A shocker of a day, right from the start.

Train up cancelled, alternative train cancelled, guess what Northern Fail, 3 trains into 1 is not great customer service. 

SYP upholding their reputation as sunny, helpful servants of the public before and after the game. 

No chance of making the train back due to them, and when we did eventually arrive back in Sheffield the next train back was also cancelled. 

It's fookin grim up North.

As for the action on the pitch, the less said the better.

All of this is on you,@Steve How Hard?, for taking the Lord @Diego's name in vain!

Away from home, the way we play just doesnt suit McGoldrick & Sibley always gets targetted. Dont mind Sibley so much at left back when we play at home when he more tike & space but away from home he is an easy target for the opposition. 

With McGoldrick, his game doesnt suit being a target man, he is better dropping into the space. I know he scored today but other than that he was poor, was very poor in possession. I get Collins isnt everyones cup of tea but away from home he suits us better, he can hold up abit better, he occupies their centre backs more and can help with the press.

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

With McGoldrick, his game doesnt suit being a target man, he is better dropping into the space. I know he scored today but other than that he was poor, was very poor in possession. I get Collins isnt everyones cup of tea but away from home he suits us better, he can hold up abit better, he occupies their centre backs more and can help with the press.

Didn't see any of that today.