Barnsley (A), Saturday 25th February 3pm.

Rev

32 minutes ago, ossieram said:

The only person that knows is the one that threw the first punch.

I just hope this doesn't put off the people who were attacked from following the Rams. I'm similar to notts ram as in not going to many away games these days and I thought the same at the Liverpool match. I was going away in the eighties and nineties so don't consider myself a shrinking violet but I don't think I've seen so many people off their nut as that night

21 minutes ago, JJs dms said:

I just hope this doesn't put off the people who were attacked from following the Rams. I'm similar to notts ram as in not going to many away games these days and I thought the same at the Liverpool match. I was going away in the eighties and nineties so don't consider myself a shrinking violet but I don't think I've seen so many people off their nut as that night

I had a drink with them before last nights match,no way will they stop going.

7 hours ago, ossieram said:

Just thought I'd let you know that the 2 bamfords that were involved in the attack were both arrested and plod have got very good cctv footage of the attack. 

I really appreciate you letting us know and I only wish that more publicity was given to the consequences of such behaviour.

Usually if we get to hear anything it's a snippet in the DET months down the line.

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

I really appreciate you letting us know and I only wish that more publicity was given to the consequences of such behaviour.

Usually if we get to hear anything it's a snippet in the DET months down the line.

Thanks!

It can depend on what the charge is and if a guilty plea is given, Good that they have CCTV footage, Mid to late 50s aye...not a good influence. Banning order on the way we hope??

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2023 at 21:42, barnsley said:

I don't think anything will come of it, but, we'll see. I just filled in British Transport Police's online complaint form:

I went to catch the train from Barnsley Interchange, following the Barnsley-Derby County football match, intending to travel back to Sheffield.

Blah, blah, etc.

I had a call from British Transport Police, with a resolution I was happy with.

Someone viewed the footage that Officer Smith had filmed, and there is an acceptance that many of his comments were 'stupid'. It wasn't appropriate to speak to the male Derby fan in that way, and I didn't deserve the threat of being pulled around by my scarf.

It's hardly the most devastating thing in the world, but Officer Smith's line manager has been informed, and they're going to give him some training. They'll also be keeping an eye on whether similar complaints are made in the future.

I hope they're not, because I don't want the bloke to get killed over it. I wouldn't want to do his job. In the end, nobody got hurt, but people have kicked off for a lot less than that.

So, that's that. If you were one of the people who were mistreated on - I think - the delayed 17:44, the mistakes have been acknowledged. In particular, if the couple I mentioned in my earlier message are reading, I hope it makes you feel better, because neither of you deserved to be intimidated in the way you were.

9 hours ago, barnsley said:

I had a call from British Transport Police, with a resolution I was happy with.

Someone viewed the footage that Officer Smith had filmed, and there is an acceptance that many of his comments were 'stupid'. It wasn't appropriate to speak to the male Derby fan in that way, and I didn't deserve the threat of being pulled around by my scarf.

It's hardly the most devastating thing in the world, but Officer Smith's line manager has been informed, and they're going to give him some training. They'll also be keeping an eye on whether similar complaints are made in the future.

I hope they're not, because I don't want the bloke to get killed over it. I wouldn't want to do his job. In the end, nobody got hurt, but people have kicked off for a lot less than that.

So, that's that. If you were one of the people who were mistreated on - I think - the delayed 17:44, the mistakes have been acknowledged. In particular, if the couple I mentioned in my earlier message are reading, I hope it makes you feel better, because neither of you deserved to be intimidated in the way you were.

Thanks for doing what you did fella - you did your club and your town proud.