Barnsley (A), Saturday 25th February 3pm.

Rev

The positives: With Plymouth losing we haven’t lost ground. Plus Bird should be back in 2 weeks. 

The negatives: We’ve been so poor in two away matches against direct competition and any momentum has been snuffed out. 

Compare Wycombe and Barnsley away to Ipswich, Bolton and Portsmouth. We seemed to show a steely determination albeit we lost to Ipswich thanks to Curtis. Has a bit of complacency come in? Are we just playing our game and assuming that’s enough for the win rather than keeping it tight and looking to steal it?  

Need two wins at home now, no excuses.

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

We  were the only two left on our row with 15 mins to go. Listened to Barnsley fans on the radio coming home . They all said that their January signings has made them much stronger . Our restrictions must make Warne feel sick. The only good thing is that it wasn’t the play-off final.

As I said to the Barnsley fan, they were okay and we were poor. We miss Birdy, it wasn't the game for White. Sibs was poor, Knighty too. Barks hit the bar and Dobbin still can't hit a cows arse with a banjo bless him. Not sure Warney set us up right. But first half Nat put at least three great crosses over that were squandered. 

Our poor defending mostly contributed to their goals, and f*** knows what Joe W was thinking!

Meh, on to the next game. 

40 minutes ago, NIGHTMARE said:

We won 4-1 and moved above you in the league. 

Must be nice.  We've pretty much beat you by 3 home and away since I was born.  One of those where in the old days you have have bought a copy of every paper the following day for posterity.  Get yourself at the newsagent by 7 tomorrow or they'll all be gone. 

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

They were even more horrible at Barnsley (the ones I came across). No wonder they have a reputation.

They locked up one of your lot outside our end, and just left him stood there, handcuffed, with one tiny female plod, has all our lot were leaving, I was stood near him waiting for my mates, the bloke told his mates as they walked passed he’d been nicked for foul language towards Barnsley fans, he’s stood with his Derby hat on, and her holding his cuffs, the final whistle went, and all our lot came rushing out, the copper said to him your not has mouthy now are you. 10 minutes later he walked in the pub I was in. 

1 hour ago, NIGHTMARE said:

We’re a totally different team post January transfer window, we’ve strengthened where we needed to, and we’re getting better every week. 

We were poor, but if there had been a ref for the first half it would have bern a different score, especially as your first goal was offside, abs you should have had at least 4 players booked. Are you always this dirty?

What you did do was challenge for everything and pressed us all over the pitch. Ih and the ref was pretty crap in the second half as well.

You deserved to win because we couldn’t handle your press, and let the ref and your thuggery get into our heads.

6 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

We were poor, but if there had been a ref for the first half it would have bern a different score, especially as your first goal was offside, abs you should have had at least 4 players booked. Are you always this dirty?

What you did do was challenge for everything and pressed us all over the pitch. Ih and the ref was pretty crap in the second half as well.

You deserved to win because we couldn’t handle your press, and let the ref and your thuggery get into our heads.

The ref hardly gets a mention when we win, must just be a coincidence ?

It’s probably been covered but the first goal was onside. (Regardless of whether it was a DCFC or Barnsley player who kicked it into the path of Cole). The subsequent management of the situation by the referee was shambolic.

However poor he was, that was self inflicted by countless defensive errors. It was a horror show all round.

Move on.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

As I said to the Barnsley fan, they were okay and we were poor. We miss Birdy, it wasn't the game for White. Sibs was poor, Knighty too. Barks hit the bar and Dobbin still can't hit a cows arse with a banjo bless him. Not sure Warney set us up right. But first half Nat put at least three great crosses over that were squandered. 

Our poor defending mostly contributed to their goals, and f*** knows what Joe W was thinking!

Meh, on to the next game. 

Thought the starting X1 was the players I would have picked. Before the game what X1 would you have picked? 

Well let’s start with the positives. I got home by 6:05 and watching the end of the rugby which we’ve won!! 

Really frustrated today. Thought Warne was  spot on with everything he said post game. We beat ourselves with poor decisions and we were too slow and ponderous especially the back 4. And when we weren’t doing that we were lacking composure.

You could tell in the 1st minute we weren’t quite at it. Don’t think you could score any of our back 5 including Wildsmith above 5/10. Really poor, Fozzy had his worst game in years and Smith struggled. We never got control of midfield, White will have learned a lot today, a real test for him away from home and he struggled. I think he can do the role but he needed today’s game to learn. Didzy scored but was loose lots of time in possession which created problems for us. Thought the subs had a positive impact (with exception of Collins who struggled a bit) and Springett is pushing for a start. 

That said we missed some absolute sitters today, could easily have scored 4 ourselves on another day despite playing badly, but it’s been a while since I’ve seen us defend like that. But it’s another defeat away against a top 6 rival. We need to sort this out although give me Barnsley in the the playoffs- they’re s**** and over two legs we’d have too much for them if we play as we can. 

A word on Barnsley, what a horrible football club. So miserable they only sing when they’re 4-1, bunch of officious b******* with a teenager who’d been bought a pint by his dad and older group of people having his beer taken off him by a steward because he didn’t have ID (rules are rules I know but seriously), and then the bloody announcer giving a warning about rascist chanting?!! WTF was that all about ??‍♂️, clearly aimed at the Mendez-Laing chant, absolute disgrace from Barnsley that. 

And then the miserable f****** at the metrodome as well. Clearly space for someone on his own not wearing colours but apparently not. 

Not been a good day football wise but in a weird way it’s made me more confident about our playoff chances as I honestly think they’re s***.

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Thought the starting X1 was the players I would have picked. Before the game what X1 would you have picked? 

I don't watch them in training. But Sibs wasn't great and if we were to bypass midfield we should have started with Collins but ... too many off colour to say for sure.