Barnsley (A), Saturday 25th February 3pm.

Rev

Let's hope that's a blip.

We were second best for the majority of the game and didn't deserve anything due to the lack of desire, effort and carelessness with the ball. 

Move on to the next one and hopefully they get a massive rocket up the arris from Warne. We're better than that.........much better!

11 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

There’s some proper Mardyarses on here. 

Two very winnable home games to come. 

Get a grip people. 

We had two winnable home games last time we ducked up away, and didn't win them both. .. that's seven goals conceded in last two away just plainly unacceptable . Our poor away form is again putting too much pressure on us at home. 

Anyone know who the starting 11 were today? Didn't recognise a single one.

Warne will definitely have a thing to say I'm sure.

Not even gonna go into criticising today as I could be here all day. Write this one off, every team has a game like this, let's hope this was our only one. 

?

Missing Bird massively in these away games. I don't know whether we're going into these away games planning to play kick and rush or if we're being forced into it by the other team but it's incredibly frustrating to watch, especially when you consider how good we are on the ball in our home games.

The concerning thing for me is that the highest placed team we've beaten away from home is Port Vale who are 16th, so while our away form has improved under Warne it's only been a marginal improvement. I think you can safely write off the Plymouth, Peterborough and Wednesday away games but hopefully our home form will hopefully carry us through to the playoffs.

Just now, lrm14 said:

Missing Bird massively in these away games. I don't know whether we're going into these away games planning to play kick and rush or if we're being forced into it by the other team but it's incredibly frustrating to watch, especially when you consider how good we are on the ball in our home games.

The concerning thing for me is that the highest placed team we've beaten away from home is Port Vale who are 16th, so while our away form has improved under Warne it's only been a marginal improvement. I think you can safely write off the Plymouth, Peterborough and Wednesday away games but hopefully our home form will hopefully carry us through to the playoffs.

Totally agree we are missing Bird especially away from home.

3 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Totally agree we are missing Bird especially away from home.

Yep. Whites a good player but he doesn’t have Birds defensive qualities.

The number of times today they had a player sat between their midfield and attack who was picking up the ball in acres of space.

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Yep. Whites a good player but he doesn’t have Birds defensive qualities.

The number of times today they had a player sat between their midfield and attack who was picking up the ball in acres of space.

It needs more than Bird. We need more engine in midfield. The obvious answer is for Knight to sit deeper. Another option is Tommo. We’ll not beat the stronger teams if we give up the midfield 

8 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Need to sort out that away form if we want to make & win in the playoffs. Our midfield is getting bullied. 

What do people see as the solution until Bird is back? Playing Rooney or Smith in midfield away from home? Or perhaps a change of shape (which I know everyone dreads) to more of a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 in away games.

Would a back 3 of Cashin, Forsyth (or Davies) and Roberts make us a bit more solid away from home? Sibley and Smith as the wingbacks dropping back into a 5 in defence and pushing on into midfield in attack. Just to steady the away form, might not be pretty but get back to grinding out some draws and wins away from home then revert to a back 4 and 3 in midfield for home games.

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

It needs more than Bird. We need more engine in midfield. The obvious answer is for Knight to sit deeper. Another option is Tommo. We’ll not beat the stronger teams if we give up the midfield 

What do you do when he has a poor game like today?

Too many players had a poor game today.

Edited by RoyMac5