This run we're on, as good as it is....

Day

Last defeat was against Ipswich on Friday 21st October.

By the end of play on Saturday 22nd October, the gap between:

Derby and Sheffield Wednesday who are currently in 2nd place, 9 points.

Derby and Plymouth who are currently top of the table, 14 points.

Today, January 16th, the gap between: 

Derby and Sheffield Wednesday is 11 points.

Derby and Plymouth is 14 points.

Whatcha talkin bout Willis?

Well, this 12 league game unbeaten run has done absolutely nothing to reduce the gap between ourselves and the top 2 as only 6 were wins.

We're still flying, but so are these two, we need to get even better to break into the top 2.

We do have a game in hand over Sheffield Wednesday, 2 over Plymouth and 21 games in to chase them down.

On a positive note, we were 13 points behind Ipswich following that defeat, we are now 7 points behind them with a game in hand. 

I think with the points behind the top 2, we shouldn't be worrying too much about automatic promotion. It's not impossible, win our game in hand and it's 8 points with Wednesday still to play, but ultimately quite improbable, . If we continue on our run though, Ipswich are definitely catchable and we could go into the playoffs as the form team and the favourites to go up. 

Really solidified a top six spot though. Think we’re six clear now. No one was expecting top two.  Feels a bit like a free swing at it. Is about 2 points a game to get promoted. We’ve been at that, we need a run of a few wins in a row to close the gap.

Top six this year, hopefully win play offs. If not would be expecting top two next season.

it’s been really enjoyable as well, has you looking forward to next games, looking at the table etc. feels long overdue to have a good run.

Also playing Wednesday on the last day, we only need to cut the gap to three by then to have a chance of promotion. Think we’d all take that.

Personallt think Wednesday will pull clear, Ipswich having a wobble now. Plymouth look a bit more shaky as well. 14 behind them with two in hand and to play them. Is possible but unlikely.

19 minutes ago, David said:

Last defeat was against Ipswich on Friday 21st October.

By the end of play on Saturday 22nd October, the gap between:

Derby and Sheffield Wednesday who are currently in 2nd place, 9 points.

Derby and Plymouth who are currently top of the table, 14 points.

Today, January 16th, the gap between: 

Derby and Sheffield Wednesday is 11 points.

Derby and Plymouth is 14 points.

Whatcha talkin bout Willis?

Well, this 12 league game unbeaten run has done absolutely nothing to reduce the gap between ourselves and the top 2 as only 6 were wins.

We're still flying, but so are these two, we need to get even better to break into the top 2.

We do have a game in hand over Sheffield Wednesday, 2 over Plymouth and 21 games in to chase them down.

On a positive note, we were 13 points behind Ipswich following that defeat, we are now 7 points behind them with a game in hand. 

So do you think we'll make top two or not David?

4 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

So do you think we'll make top two or not David?

I don't unfortunately. 

That said, if you had offered me a place in the play offs back in August, I would have laughed then snapped your hand off.

The job that Clowes, Rosenior, Warne and all the coaches has been incredible to get us into the position we are now. Still a lot more work to do to secure that play off spot though.

28 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Really solidified a top six spot though. Think we’re six clear now. No one was expecting top two.  Feels a bit like a free swing at it. Is about 2 points a game to get promoted. We’ve been at that, we need a run of a few wins in a row to close the gap.

Top six this year, hopefully win play offs. If not would be expecting top two next season.

it’s been really enjoyable as well, has you looking forward to next games, looking at the table etc. feels long overdue to have a good run.

I predicted 2nd place, I don’t think I was the only one.

I think one of the top three will fall away, most likely Plymouth.

We’d still need another team on top of that to struggle and our run to continue.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s possible. But it’s a tall order. That said we should keep aiming for it and keep the positive results coming in!

Last season saw the unity of both club and supporters like we’ve never seen before or certainly not for a long time. 

We’ve carried it into this season and I believe this is one of the reasons we’re in 4th place. 

There’s not many clubs that could go through what we have and come out as strong as what we have. 

Imagine the feeling if we get back into The Championship in the first attempt. 

6 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Last season saw the unity of both club and supporters like we’ve never seen before or certainly not for a long time. 

We’ve carried it into this season and I believe this is one of the reasons we’re in 4th place. 

There’s not many clubs that could go through what we have and come out as strong as what we have. 

Imagine the feeling if we get back into The Championship in the first attempt. 

Mr POP would implode.

1 minute ago, JPRamFan said:

If we are to win our next two and Wednesday were to lose their next two, the gap would be five points with a game in hand. You never know 11 points isn't insurmountable with 20 plus games to go.

I said a few games ago it was unlikely unless we racked up 6 wins on the bounce to apply enough pressure.  If we win the next 3, that nicely sets up 6 wins when Ipswich play Sheff Wed a few days later and a couple of games in hand on Plymouth. That should give us an opportunity.  Couple of tougher games including the side that we always seem to lose to Port bleedin Vale before that can happen .