Cambridge United (H) Fri 30th Dec

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

Smith   Forsyth   Cashin   Roberts

Knight   Bird   Sibley

Mendez-Laing   Collins   Dobbin

Subs: Loach, Davies, Tommo, Hourihane, Barkhuizen, McGoldrick, Osula

McGoldrick is good to go so has to play surely….

This would be my team but I expect Hourihane will continue in place of Roberts and Sibley will be left back and Barkhuizen will play 

Wildsmith 

Smith          Cashin         Forsyth      Roberts

NML            Bird            Knight          Sibley

McGoldrick    
                                   Collins 

To accommodate Hourihane I’d drop Barkhuizen move Sibley back to left back instead of Roberts and play Knight wide left. 

Most people seem in agreement Hourihane is the issue (I also think he is btw) as he doesn’t cover enough ground and often goes missing in games, but it’s hard to ignore he has 3 goals 4 assists and has created more chances this season than any other Derby player ? 

Edited by BramcoteRam84

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Rams will be playing in maroon. I don't think Warne will do this, but with the personnel at our disposal I'd go:

Wildsmith

Smith     Davies     Cashin     Forsyth

Mendez-Laing   Knight   Sibley   Barkhuizen

McGoldrick

Collins

You have to play Bird or Hourihane in CM. Cambridge would just press Knight and Sibley and overturn possession 

4 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

This would be my team but I expect Hourihane will continue in place of Roberts and Sibley will be left back and Barkhuizen will play 

Wildsmith 

Smith          Cashin         Forsyth      Roberts

NML            Bird            Knight          Sibley

McGoldrick    
                                   Collins 

To accommodate Hourihane I’d drop Barkhuizen move Sibley back to left back instead of Roberts and play Knight wide left. 

Most people seem in agreement Hourihane is the issue (I also think he is btw) as he doesn’t cover enough ground and often goes missing in games, but it’s hard to ignore he has 3 goals 4 assists and has created more chances this season than any other Derby player ? 

Really like the look of that team. Solid in defence, lots of energy in midfield and skill upfront. Also makes use of Sibley’s excellent crossing ability.

19 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Thompson one of the worst derby players for years. Backwards and sideways passing. Can't drive with the ball, no height or physicality. Definitely shouldn't be playing his trade in cm. He's a five a side player 

I respect your opinion but cannot agree. I would rather have him in the squad than Beilik. You don’t have to be 6’3” to be a good midfield player. Look at Iniesta , Foden and alike. He is a very good passer of the ball, he is stays fit and covers a lot of ground. Warne just has to work on the lads confidence.l would not have a problem with putting him in v Cambridge.

12 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Rams will be playing in maroon. I don't think Warne will do this, but with the personnel at our disposal I'd go:

Wildsmith

Smith     Davies     Cashin     Forsyth

Mendez-Laing   Knight   Sibley   Barkhuizen

McGoldrick

Collins

Maroon? Am I missing something ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

I respect your opinion but cannot agree. I would rather have him in the squad than Beilik. You don’t have to be 6’3” to be a good midfield player. Look at Iniesta , Foden and alike. He is a very good passer of the ball, he is stays fit and covers a lot of ground. Warne just has to work on the lads confidence.l would not have a problem with putting him in v Cambridge.

Thompson over bielik is genuinely insane.

Friends arriving from afar so have to miss this. I’d have got away with a 3.00 but it’s me doing the cooking.

Need a proper win, nothing fancy just solid maintenance Win at home, draw away -We  can do this. 

Love for Dobbin off the bench to get one and shut the doubters up. Or Cashin to get a bullet header like his first one for us. 

I remain,  ever happy clappy as the new year beckons. COYR

3 hours ago, jono said:

Friends arriving from afar so have to miss this. I’d have got away with a 3.00 but it’s me doing the cooking.

Need a proper win, nothing fancy just solid maintenance Win at home, draw away -We  can do this. 

Love for Dobbin off the bench to get one and shut the doubters up. Or Cashin to get a bullet header like his first one for us. 

I remain,  ever happy clappy as the new year beckons. COYR

Have you learned nothing from B4, get them a customer number, buy them a ticket and then get a burger outside the ground.