Cambridge United (H) Fri 30th Dec

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's only played 147 minutes in the league this season. Only 1 start, which was the 0-0 against Portsmouth. He's only been on the pitch for more than 10 minutes on one other occasion in the league, so it's not even as if he's had much of an opportunity to impress.

We should be looking to loan him out in January, but that's probably reliant on signing a RB and freeing Smith up to sit on the bench instead.

I’d be against this. He’s full of energy and commitment along with some decent skills. Ok so not first on the team sheet but you need cover and I’d rather him than many others. 

36 minutes ago, jono said:

I’d be against this. He’s full of energy and commitment along with some decent skills. Ok so not first on the team sheet but you need cover and I’d rather him than many others. 

Bird, Knight, Hourihane, Smith and Sibley all competing for the 2 CM positions is enough cover to allow Tommo to go out and get regular first team football.

42 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bird, Knight, Hourihane, Smith and Sibley all competing for the 2 CM positions is enough cover to allow Tommo to go out and get regular first team football.

But that’s only so if we get a RB and Smith comes into the CM area. And Sibley as CM ? I think we have Bird Knight Horihan as CM options where we stand now. Yes of course things may change with incomings but right now I want Tommo in the group fighting for his place. We aren’t that pacy and he is very quick over the first yard which is a huge asset in my book.