Cambridge United (H) Fri 30th Dec

3 hours ago, jono said:

Friends arriving from afar so have to miss this. I’d have got away with a 3.00 but it’s me doing the cooking.

Need a proper win, nothing fancy just solid maintenance Win at home, draw away -We  can do this. 

Love for Dobbin off the bench to get one and shut the doubters up. Or Cashin to get a bullet header like his first one for us. 

I remain,  ever happy clappy as the new year beckons. COYR

Just Eat say that they can take care of the cooking for you, Jono!

11 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I would rather have him in the squad than Beilik. You don’t have to be 6’3” to be a good midfield player.... He is a very good passer of the ball, he is stays fit and covers a lot of ground. 

. Tommo’s distribution was good when he first broke into the team but has been seriously problematic at times this season. His energy is always fabulous. Confidence seems to be low - I think he’s capable of a first team place but we’ve not seen that form for a while

But if Bielik was with us and fit he’d be, literally, the strongest player in the division. 

38 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

The referee tonight is Will Finnie who has awarded four penalties this season, half of them against Derby at Accrington Stanley.

Ah yes. First a massive dive, second outside the box but also saved Curtis from a red as a result. 

On 28/12/2022 at 18:55, Rich3478 said:

He’s been pretty bad this season, think the going backwards despite dropping a division is the issue.

he was better in games when we were mainly defending and pressing. He’s pretty limited on the ball for a centre mid. 

i struggle to see him having much a career at derby, happy to be proven wrong but just looks way out of his depth. Happy to be proven wrong.

do think he looked a bit better in a couple of games, Torquay and Pompey on tv possibly.

He's been better in recent games. His goal in the Cup was a cracker even if it was only Torquay. 

19 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

I thought the last game that Thompson came on as a sub, he did very well. He’s one that has suffered from not having a second on the ball. 

He's only played 147 minutes in the league this season. Only 1 start, which was the 0-0 against Portsmouth. He's only been on the pitch for more than 10 minutes on one other occasion in the league, so it's not even as if he's had much of an opportunity to impress.

We should be looking to loan him out in January, but that's probably reliant on signing a RB and freeing Smith up to sit on the bench instead.

4 hours ago, IslandExile said:

....or we'd have played differently.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

We would have definitely beaten Carlisle in the last game if we had needed to. 

Definitely Pete because the team wouldn't have spent three nights on the piss celebrating before we played Carlisle and we'd have beaten them instead of playing out a 0-0 draw.