Sheffield Wednesday (H) (Sat 3rd Dec 2022, 12:30 KO)

1 hour ago, DerbyRevolution said:

How many tickets left? Wednesday got a reduced allocation of only 2681 so that's about 500 that won't be sold.

Hopefully England top the group tomorrow night so there's no clash on the Saturday which might get a few more through the turnstiles.

About 4000 tickets left, so probably nearly 27,000 sold so far. Be good if we could get close to 30k.

3 hours ago, IslandExile said:

4-4-2 with players in their correct positions, pass rather than hoof aimlessly. Job's a good 'un.

Problem is, who plays at FB?

Likely that Forsyth will still be at CH because of injuries and can't play Cashin and Rooney as a 2, and Smith was not great on Sunday, although he's been better as a FB than RWB. Wouldn't be surprised to see Knight at RWB and Barkhauzen at LWB.

With the squad we have and injuries it's so hard to get a balanced team on the pitch,  will Bird and Hourihane ever work as a 2 in the middle? 

I honestly don't know too much about the current Sheffield Wednesday team, they're not quite the juggernaut of Ipswich where they suffocate you but they're consistently picking up results at a similar rate. They don't seem to dominate the ball in any area in the opposition half, but on the flip side do get the ball forward quickly. Barry Bannan is obviously still a decent player and they've shared the goals around this season - 14 different scorers, 5 players tied for their top goalscorer award. 

I think we're likely to match them up in terms of formation and hope that we have more quality on the day. Big game for our middle three, whoever we pick, honestly feel that will be a bit of a battle. It would be great to see NML back, but don't think that's expected. 

This is to be my next big adventure- going to a match on my own. I used to regularly but 3 years ago today I was undergoing surgery to find my brain and then to repair the haemorrhage in it! As well as suffering small physical and mental losses, I also lost a lot of confidence. I’ve been setting myself challenges although my partner and family are not very enthusiastic! With this game being so early it means I can be back in Bristol for 5.30 so it’s not too long a day.

I may spend the following couple of days in a darkened room! COYR

1 minute ago, archram said:

This is to be my next big adventure- going to a match on my own. I used to regularly but 3 years ago today I was undergoing surgery to find my brain and then to repair the haemorrhage in it! As well as suffering small physical and mental losses, I also lost a lot of confidence. I’ve been setting myself challenges although my partner and family are not very enthusiastic! With this game being so early it means I can be back in Bristol for 5.30 so it’s not too long a day.

Good Luck from a fellow Bristolian!

Will probably be on the same train home.

1 minute ago, archram said:

I hope it works out well for you.

That's some commitment.