Sheffield Wednesday (H) (Sat 3rd Dec 2022, 12:30 KO)

7 hours ago, archram said:

This is to be my next big adventure- going to a match on my own. I used to regularly but 3 years ago today I was undergoing surgery to find my brain and then to repair the haemorrhage in it! As well as suffering small physical and mental losses, I also lost a lot of confidence. I’ve been setting myself challenges although my partner and family are not very enthusiastic! With this game being so early it means I can be back in Bristol for 5.30 so it’s not too long a day.

I may spend the following couple of days in a darkened room! COYR

This is what football is all about! Thoroughly hope you enjoy your day and we put on a good show for you mate ?

11 hours ago, archram said:

This is to be my next big adventure- going to a match on my own. I used to regularly but 3 years ago today I was undergoing surgery to find my brain and then to repair the haemorrhage in it! As well as suffering small physical and mental losses, I also lost a lot of confidence. I’ve been setting myself challenges although my partner and family are not very enthusiastic! With this game being so early it means I can be back in Bristol for 5.30 so it’s not too long a day.

Inspirational. I hope you have an exciting and fulfilling day on your travels and the rigours of a long day are justified with our lads putting the Wendies firmly to the sword.

11 hours ago, archram said:

Will keep an eye open for you - do you look like your avatar? ?

If it turns out that he does, please administer a swift kick to the nether regions from yours truly.

Many thanks! 

20 hours ago, archram said:

Well done!  Hope all goes well for you (and the Rams).

From a fellow Bristol-dweller (though from Derbyshire, of course)

Another acid test for a team slowly gelling and a manager whose message, it appears, is finally being absorbed. We remain somewhat bipolar in that we can be sublime and  ridiculous  in the same game and even the same half, but we're increasingly hard to beat and we do appear to be discovering some cutting edge. 

NML is a big miss. I'd be a deal more confident were we able to put out our strongest 11, but we remain some way away from that particular luxury. Equally, Wednesday are a team in very good form and taking anything from the game will be challenging. A hard fought 1-1 draw would be my idea of the result as while I'd love to see us secure all 3 points, I'd still be very happy to see us simply extend our unbeaten run. 

COYR

30 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Are EMR running from Sheff to Derby on Sat, anyone in the know. My son is at uni in Sheffield and I fancied getting the train across from Stockport so we could have some beers but looks like the strike has put paid to that

What TOC service are you getting from Manchester?

image.thumb.jpeg.ec97d6a1389d92e9fc8aa16fe22c650f.jpeg

Sheffield to Luton should stop at Derby.

Cross country should running Saturday Sheffield to Derby

Edited by cstand