Sheffield Wednesday (H) (Sat 3rd Dec 2022, 12:30 KO)

On 04/12/2022 at 13:26, jimtastic56 said:

Fair play , you really are a “Glass half full “ man. But you can be , sat in the warm?.I was amazed looking at the predictions , how many fans expected a thrilling goal fest. We are getting to know our manager now and you could tell by his tactical changes , he was happy with a draw.

I was actually thinking whether or not I’d have the same perspective had I been sat in the cold at the game. However my brother who is more negative than me also felt quite positive afterwards and was at the game. 

I do think some of the fan base are looking at us to sweep aside teams. I don’t think we’re quite there but we give away so few goals, with key players back and some additions we could have a strong second half of the season. Wednesday are right in the promotion mix, the game on Saturday told me we’re on their level. A point for us is good right now given where we’ve come from and where we’re at, but they’ll be happier with the draw, away at a potential promotion rival with the home game still to come. 

On 04/12/2022 at 10:01, RoyMac5 said:

You don't think that there's a reason for that, and that reason was we stopped them? I thought they looked very dangerous at times but we mostly negated them very well.

Look at our team, no fullbacks, one centre-half. Lots of youngsters and hardly anyone over 6 foot! ?

We had better chances than them and were short of some good players.

Yes there was certainly a good element of that, and defensively we were really good. What I meant was I expected them to play more football, but like us they were very "get it forward quickly" hence the relentless turnover of possession.