Sheffield Wednesday (H) (Sat 3rd Dec 2022, 12:30 KO)

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Derby, Sheff wed and Sunderland are the three best supported teams outside of the Prem. So Derby v Sheff wed should be a no brainer for sky coverage when there is no Prem games. It’s the equivalent of not covering Man U v Liverpool but showing Brighton v Bournemouth instead.

Sky will be all over the WSL today , with 40,000 expected at the Man U game. By the way  - would England play Foden at left-back?

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Derby, Sheff wed and Sunderland are the three best supported teams outside of the Prem. So Derby v Sheff wed should be a no brainer for sky coverage when there is no Prem games. It’s the equivalent of not covering Man U v Liverpool but showing Brighton v Bournemouth instead.

Sheff Utd average more than us so their home games against the likes of Norwich, Burnley and Watford are bigger games being in the Championship. Sunderland home games against the top teams bigger games too. We have been covered quite a bit on tv lately ?

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Sky will be all over the WSL today , with 40,000 expected at the Man U game. By the way  - would England play Foden at left-back?

No. He's not good enough to play that position whereas Sibley is. ?

Seriously though, I'm sure Warne would prefer not to play Sibley at left back if he had, what he considers, better options. 

5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

It’s either 4-4-2 with Sibbo at LB or

Wildsmith

Smith   Cashin   Forsyth

Barkhuizen  Bird   Hourihane   Sibley

McGoldrick   Collins   Dobbin

I think the 3 at the back but McGoldrick playing just behind Collins and Dobbin….

28 minutes ago, Topram said:

Sibley at LB scares me

I think the more time he spends there the more he’ll grow into the role, I agree he’s more suited to a forward role but it’s not the worst tactical move we’ve ever witnessed.
Going forward it’s exciting, he just went for a great overlapping run and Barkhuizen chose not to use him, that option with Sibley’s left foot for crossing (like at Newport) or for him to get into goal scoring positions from deep is potentially a great attacking outlet. 

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I think the more time he spends there the more he’ll grow into the role, I agree he’s more suited to a forward role but it’s not the worst tactical move we’ve ever witnessed.
Going forward it’s exciting, he just went for a great overlapping run and Barkhuizen chose not to use him, that option with Sibley’s left foot for crossing (like at Newport) or for him to get into goal scoring positions from deep is potentially a great attacking outlet. 

They also seem to have targeted him as a weak link. Their No: 6 is busting a gut to close Sibbo down

Just now, Ramarena said:

They also seem to have targeted him as a weak link. Their No: 6 is busting a gut to close Sibbo down

Matter of perspective I suppose, could say they see him as a threat and are therefore closing him down. Either way he’s not disgraced himself so far in the game, he’s doing what’s asked of him with a few promising almost moments like that bit of skill and through ball to McGoldrick just now, slightly over hit the pass. 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Matter of perspective I suppose, could say they see him as a threat and are therefore closing him down. Either way he’s not disgraced himself so far in the game, he’s doing what’s asked of him with a few promising almost moments like that bit of skill and through ball to McGoldrick just now, slightly over hit the pass. 

Yep fair point