Sheffield Wednesday (H) (Sat 3rd Dec 2022, 12:30 KO)

14 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Are EMR running from Sheff to Derby on Sat, anyone in the know. My son is at uni in Sheffield and I fancied getting the train across from Stockport so we could have some beers but looks like the strike has put paid to that

Cross country also run Sheffield to Derby

"Nathaniel Mendez-Laing is winning his fitness battle to face Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, but head coach Paul Warne remained coy on whether he would face the Owls.

...And centre-back Curtis Davies was also involved in today's session having made his return from a knee injury. The only absentee is James Chester who is out through a calf problem.

"Haydon has trained," said Warne.

"Tuesday and today. He's ahead of Mendez-Laing and he's up for consideration. Curtis Davies had trained and done a little bit after well. It's nice to have a plethora of choices rather than a dearth. But I am pleased the lads are coming back and it's only James Chester who is out of the group."

14 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think if we play “Didzy”, “Dobbo” and “Grumpy” up front . Then throw in a bit of “Pantomime Defending “ from Shef W.    We should be in for an entertaining afternoon.

We need to get ‘behiiiind’ them.

There’s always plenty of boos for the bad guys and we have a team that’s been assembled for buttons. 

17 minutes ago, walkleyowl said:

Been plenty of connections between the clubs over the years and both clubs are amongst the very fabric of English football.

Nah! We're not having that. We were founder members of the EFL in 1888. You were an after thought in 1892. Get to the back of the queue and know your place ?

1 hour ago, walkleyowl said:

We were formed in 1867....

But you were non-league until 1892......Sheffield Senior  League for 25 years counts for nothing. The original 12 in 1888 rule supreme and none of the founder clubs were from Yorkshire. We were an original member and you can never take that away from us. You were either in the EFL at the beginning or you weren't. You weren't but we were ??.

You were 'Johnny Come Latelys.'

COYR

Edited by Brailsford Ram