Torquay v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

803 touches of the ball in that Wycombe game. I(n the game before, Lincoln City, we had 838. If we were more direct in the Wycombe game (I don't believe we were), the evidence suggests we still knew how to retain the ball. In the recent Bristol Rovers game, under Warne, we had 463. I'm willing to bet all games since Warne took charge are fairly similar.

We had 5 away games under Rosenior, winning 1 and drawing 2.
Charlton - We were all over them, Collins hit the post at 0-0, and got done on the counter.
Mansfield - We won (something we didn't do with Warne)
Shrewsbury - One of those 
Fleetwood - heroic defending, and a keeper who put in a performance of a lifetime stopped us from winning.
Lincoln - Another game where a keeper put in a performance of a lifetime. Sloppy penalty given away early on cost us, and was the reason for us conceding the second (chasing an equaliser)

600 of those passes probably between the keeper and defence when under no pressure whatsoever 

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We had 5 away games under Rosenior, winning 1 and drawing 2.
Charlton - We were all over them, Collins hit the post at 0-0, and got done on the counter.
Mansfield - We won (something we didn't do with Warne)
Shrewsbury - One of those 
Fleetwood - heroic defending, and a keeper who put in a performance of a lifetime stopped us from winning.
Lincoln - Another game where a keeper put in a performance of a lifetime. Sloppy penalty given away early on cost us, and was the reason for us conceding the second (chasing an equaliser)

Just to add to this:

Charlton: 4 big chances missed.
Shrewsbury: 2 big chances missed. We looked poor as soon as we started going long in that game too.
Fleetwood: 2 big chances missed.
Lincoln: A soft penalty and 2 dodgy offside goals given against us too, Collins was about a yard onside for his goal that didn't stand.

I don't get how people are entirely blaming Rosenior for us not scoring in a league away game but the same people are saying we can't blame Warne for a poor performance. 

24 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I don't get how people are entirely blaming Rosenior for us not scoring in a league away game but the same people are saying we can't blame Warne for a poor performance. 

Blame away. Rosenior picked these players, lets see how we look after the January window, things might have changed (if we get some luck).

18 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Light weight, we are in a piano bar drinking cocktails ? 

You didn't get drenched getting back from the game, then? I was soaked right through several layers literally to the skin.

Our clothes have just gone in tumble dryer on our return home as still wet through.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

You didn't get drenched getting back from the game, then? I was soaked right through several layers literally to the skin.

Our clothes have just gone in tumble dryer on our return home as still wet through.

I was soaked right through and my phone battery was completely dead, coming out of the ground from a different direction I didn’t even know the way to the hotel. Someone pointed me in the direction of the harbour and I knew it was downhill. I walked for about three quarters of a mile and then managed to jump on a bus. 
Had a hot shower, a complete change of clothes, straight across to the pub for two pints of much needed John smiths. Then to the Chinese restaurant and a bottle of wine and then finished up with a few cocktails in the piano bar listening to a very good singer/pianist. Enjoyed the the evening more than the day.?

11 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I was soaked right through and my phone battery was completely dead, coming out of the ground from a different direction I didn’t even know the way to the hotel. Someone pointed me in the direction of the harbour and I knew it was downhill. I walked for about three quarters of a mile and then managed to jump on a bus. 
Had a hot shower, a complete change of clothes, straight across to the pub for two pints of much needed John smiths. Then to the Chinese restaurant and a bottle of wine and then finished up with a few cocktails in the piano bar listening to a very good singer/pianist. Enjoyed the the evening more than the day.?

Me and my son often say that after our pre match Brunswick experience ?

3 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

600 of those passes probably between the keeper and defence when under no pressure whatsoever 

The claim being made was we went direct against Wycombe. Now you're saying 600 passes were between the keeper and defence... so not direct. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Now for the real facts. Hourihane had the 2nd most touches (99, 1 behind Chester), and McGoldrick had the 5th most with 71. Wildsmith had fewer touches than all other starters, and had fewer touches per minute than all of the subs too. 

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The claim being made was we went direct against Wycombe. Now you're saying 600 passes were between the keeper and defence... so not direct. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Now for the real facts. Hourihane had the 2nd most touches (99, 1 behind Chester), and McGoldrick had the 5th most with 71. Wildsmith had fewer touches than all other starters, and had fewer touches per minute than all of the subs too. 

Your welcome 

6 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The picture below has been printed in all the Daily Papers for a new game...spot the Ref, The headwind must have been gale-force 1001, His car insurance is provided by Confused.Com

image.thumb.png.3580ba490d38a6e33bac814f86e59537.png

What an extraordinary photo. I would suggest the ref has to be wrong to give both penalty and sending off when he isn't even in shot. How can he possibly tell what happened? Compounded by asking Forsyth if he had committed a foul!

15 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

What an extraordinary photo. I would suggest the ref has to be wrong to give both penalty and sending off when he isn't even in shot. How can he possibly tell what happened? Compounded by asking Forsyth if he had committed a foul!

Watching it on the TV the shirt pull looks like it started outside the box...that shot still looks that way..