Derby County v Bristol Rovers Saturday 29 October 2022

Gritstone Ram

19 minutes ago, Crewton said:

You've ruined my weekend ? 

All I ask for is consistency really. If he's crap for both sides, that would be an improvement. 

One of the coaches went into see the official at full time against Exeter the assessor was there too, Asked about the clash with their keeper and our attacker, Assessor says "he had a good view" letter has gone in.

PW says he's expecting a letter in reply sent to our secretary, Secretary then reports back to PW with the words "the referee got it wrong"

As for Mr Coy, Only 4 games this season, Where's he been...a refs refresher course ?  

46 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

What I think we'll see:

Wildsmith
        Rooney  Stearman  Cashin
Mendez-Laing  Smith  Bird  Forsyth
                     McGoldrick
                   Osula  Collins

Whoever's up top needs support... start with 2 and see how it goes. COYR ?

I quite like the look of that team but can’t see Conor being dropped and he will play again with Bird because that works. Shame Sibbo misses out. Maybe come on for McGoldrick when he tires ?

On 26/10/2022 at 12:22, IlsonDerby said:

Wilds 

Smith Stearman Cash Roberts 

Rooney 

Bird Sibley 

Dobbin Collins NML 

Rooney capable of dropping back where necessary because Warne shags 3 at the back but has all the ability on the ball to play the holding role from what I’ve seen of him this year. Particularly if it’s just, win the ball - pass to Bird/Sibley. But he’s capable of spreading it diagonally too. 

Won’t happen and it’ll be another game of watching attacking players playing as wingbacks and wondering why it isn’t working when we smash the ball 10 yards over Collins head for him to chase but we go again… 

Agree about Rooney. Could be the next Eustace. Cements the defence & key link with simple ball to our midfield, to start the attack. We are missing a trick here. 

15 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Will be an interesting watch this one. Wendy fan at work very impressed with Bristol Rovers other night, says their front 3 are excellent & they play good, energetic football. That said, they've come off a few days playing Plymouth & Sheff Weds and I wonder whether their energy levels will sustain another big occasion. They also played a day later than us.

Gven our CB injury issues & how much better we looked with 4 at the back on Tuesday, I'd be surprised if we went for 3 at back/wing backs again. Bristol pretty much matched Wendies & Plymouth for possession so think we need a bit more presence in midfield, hence I'd like to see Jake Rooney make his first league start at DM with Smith at RB & Roberts at LB. If we can get on top of them early, I believe we can tire them out

20221028_195758.jpg.8d5fd07b3d1f6ef41bbbeb32ac74f62a.jpg

I think Stearman is more likely to play centre back and Forsyth left back in such a formation. I also think its possible that Thompson may play today to add more legs. Sorry Sibley fans but my money is him on the bench today. Would love to see Rooney at CDM but I just can't see Warne doing it 

Wilds 

Rooney 

Bird Sibley 

NML    Collins.   Dobbin 

is the formation and selection that has the most balance to it with the players available. That said it’s a lightweight midfield if Rooney can’t step up.

If Warne opts to stick with a back three then I’d expect it to be

Wilds 

Stearman Cash Fozzy 

NML         Smith         Roberts

Bird   Sibley 

Collins    Osula

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I quite like the look of that team but can’t see Conor being dropped and he will play again with Bird because that works. Shame Sibbo misses out. Maybe come on for McGoldrick when he tires ?

Was 50/50 whether I put DMcG or Conor behind the front 2 (Conor played there for Swansea with some success a couple of years ago).

Sibbo as an impact sub at the minute for me... needs to start being more consistent to start regularly... I follow the youth teams and know how good he can be (one of the most talented CAMs I've ever seen for us at that level); hopefully he starts to rediscover some more of that.

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Predictably Cross Country rail has put on four carriages for the train from Plymouth to Edinburgh which carries not only Bristol Rovers fans but hundreds getting away for the weekend.

I can barely breathe.

Packed out on our two carriage train from Crewe. No change there!

33 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Wilds 

Rooney 

Bird Sibley 

NML    Collins.   Dobbin 

is the formation and selection that has the most balance to it with the players available. That said it’s a lightweight midfield if Rooney can’t step up.

If Warne opts to stick with a back three then I’d expect it to be

Wilds 

Stearman Cash Fozzy 

NML         Smith         Roberts

Bird   Sibley 

Collins    Osula

Can’t see Warne dropping Conor…