Derby County v Bristol Rovers Saturday 29 October 2022

Gritstone Ram

34 minutes ago, jono said:

Yes, I meant McG’s second. The clip on the highlights is a bit short but my memory is that in the buildup McG came to collect the ball from an offside position and Collins looked as he might have been off when Diddzy shot. Meh whatever. Just revelling in post win glee ?

Collins definitely onside and wasn’t interfering with play anyway. Difficult to tell from the angle of the highlights but it looks as if their number 37 may have been playing DM onside.

2 hours ago, jono said:

Just out of interest, anyone else think our second goal was offside 2 if not 3 players in front of goal were forward of all of opposition when the ball was played .. hey these decisions do balance out over a season 

Yep! Who knows we might even get a penalty before the turn of the century!

Hourihane played out of his skin! Like he'd been possessed by prime Seth Johnson in some of those snapping tackles.

We'll see a different Dobbin when he finally gets the ball in the net, you could almost see him second guessing when he fluffed his chance.

NML is a tank and his physicality really gets the fans, and the rest of the team, fired up.

1 hour ago, NorwichExile said:

We'll see a different Dobbin when he finally gets the ball in the net, you could almost see him second guessing when he fluffed his chance.

He scored against Mansfield in the JPT.

I think we have to accept that he's just not a very natural finisher and won't score many at this stage. No reason he can't improve though.

Edited by Kokosnuss

7 hours ago, jono said:

I might be mixing my goals … I think I meant Diddzies 2nd ? 

I need to go and watch the highlights  again 

You have to be ahead of the ball to be offside, regardless of the other team's players positions.  Didzy was on the goal line so everyone was behind him;

34 minutes ago, MickD said:

You have to be ahead of the ball to be offside, regardless of the other team's players positions.  Didzy was on the goal line so everyone was behind him;

Now you’re confusing me. From my memory ( often flawed ?)  the ball came back towards NML, he won it and McG picked it up … but he’d been in an offside position when he moved backwards to claim the ball and shoot. So … he was ahead of the ball and there wasn’t a defender between him and the goalie when he started to move … so he was coming back from an offside position and influencing play ? 

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

On the other hand, having everyone else back means the opposition push more men forward. As a result, fewer players back to defend when we break at pace.

Yes but Rishi Sunak would beat Dobbin in the air. 
Watch their first goal and see how pointless his defence position is to us.

Apologies if already answered but when was the last time we scored four in the first half?

I can recall Bolton at home once in the Prem and possibly again in their relegation season from the Championship.

Maybe Hull? And possibly when we beat Wolves scoring five?