Derby County v Bristol Rovers Saturday 29 October 2022

Gritstone Ram

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Predictably Cross Country rail has put on four carriages for the train from Plymouth to Edinburgh which carries not only Bristol Rovers fans but hundreds getting away for the weekend.

I can barely breathe.

Time they nationalised the trains, have a word with that Dickensian gentleman of yours ?

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

For those suggesting Stearman... he will not play RCB in a back 3 for Derby. He'll either be the RCB in a back 4 or the CB in a back 3. If it's a back 4 he won't be starting, but may in a back 3 with Cashin RCB.

I can't see it being anything other than Smith, Cashin, Forsyth, Roberts today.

Thanks for telling us ?

20 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Have to be winning this today, these are the sort of games we need to win if we want top 6. Should have been aiming for min 7pts from Exeter, Bristol R & Morecambe

agreed.

we need to stay with the pack, we could quickly see the season fade into nothing with a few poor results coming up.

43 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

For those suggesting Stearman... he will not play RCB in a back 3 for Derby. He'll either be the RCB in a back 4 or the CB in a back 3. If it's a back 4 he won't be starting, but may in a back 3 with Cashin RCB.

I can't see it being anything other than Smith, Cashin, Forsyth, Roberts today.

Surely Stearman has played the RCB role in a back 3 before? I don't see why it would be any different today. Plus I would say Forsyth is more of a left back and Roberts more of a centre back, , so if we're going to a back 4 I'd consider swapping those 2 round.

13 hours ago, Srg said:

Better than Stearman who can’t move, Forsyth who can’t take a man on and… well Sibley can play second striker fine. To be honest, with what we have right now we shouldn’t play this formation but we know he will. 

Yes Sibley can play second striker OK, but it's not his best position. The problem with putting him there is we lose all our ball-carrying ability and movement in midfield. Our ability to transition from defence into attack. Especially with Knight out injured. We have seen time and again that a midfield without either player simply doesn't work as it's way, way too static. If that's what we pick, you can pretty much guarantee "Derby nil" as we had on Tuesday.

53 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Can’t see Warne dropping Conor…

Maybe, he didnt seem overly happy with him in the last game.

I know he was peed off at most of them, but I do wonder if he’s prepared to give him a kick up the arris by dropping him.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who would you say is being consistent atm, NML and ... ?

Agree with @Carnero, Wildsmith and Cashin (along with NML) are by far the most consistent players at the minute. Collins was starting to show promise (then got banned for 3 games). Almost everyone needs to up their game across the board.