January Window

1of4

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's after at least 4 players then. More than I originally expected.

I think we have to assume recruitment will be with having flexibility between 352 and our 4231/442 in mind. So it's no use saying Barkhuizen and Mendez-Laing will be options at RWB, so we need a LWB to compete with Roberts, as it still leaves us with no RB for when we play 4 at the back.

I think we also have to assume those who haven't played in the league yet (Rooney, Oduroh) aren't in his first team picture. He also doesn't appear to be a fan of using Stearman (Forsyth starting LCB and Cashin being pushed over to RCB is a clear sign).

In our 4 at the back system, we're lacking a RB, winger and another forward. Given the situation with our CBs, I'd be surprised if we aren't interested in getting one in.

With 5 at the back, we're missing a RWB and two CBs. 

That would mean we need 2xCBs, 1x RWB/RB, 1x W, and 1xCF

Where would Bielik possibly returning fit in? As a CB or to replace a current midfielder?

Good question re: Bielik.

I think he works best as a single holding midfielder in front of a back 4, allowing two other CMs to play more advanced. However, I believe he could be very useful as a the central defender in a back 3, picking out passes, making vital challenges and blocks. Cashin, Bielik and Chester would be a solid back 3 in this league.

On 03/11/2022 at 20:05, RoyMac5 said:

Well atm he mostly doesn't pass and he also doesn't score. Warne has tried to get him to stay positive but whether that will work...

Didn't Sibleys goal come from his pass after carrying it into a dangerous area drawing defenders to him?

Generally played well on Tuesday,  I do agree he needs to score though, the chance v Bristol Rovers is where he should have got one for definite 

19 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's after at least 4 players then. More than I originally expected.

I think we have to assume recruitment will be with having flexibility between 352 and our 4231/442 in mind. So it's no use saying Barkhuizen and Mendez-Laing will be options at RWB, so we need a LWB to compete with Roberts, as it still leaves us with no RB for when we play 4 at the back.

I think we also have to assume those who haven't played in the league yet (Rooney, Oduroh) aren't in his first team picture. He also doesn't appear to be a fan of using Stearman (Forsyth starting LCB and Cashin being pushed over to RCB is a clear sign).

In our 4 at the back system, we're lacking a RB, winger and another forward. Given the situation with our CBs, I'd be surprised if we aren't interested in getting one in.

With 5 at the back, we're missing a RWB and two CBs. 

That would mean we need 2xCBs, 1x RWB/RB, 1x W, and 1xCF

Where would Bielik possibly returning fit in? As a CB or to replace a current midfielder?

So who do you think we might get in then ?

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

So who do you think we might get in then ?

Hard to tell who we are after, but these are a few of the players I would be looking at in our position.

CB - Edmonds-Green. Started the season well at Huddersfield then went to Wigan on loan but hasn't played. Ties in with Warne's comments about a player getting a long term injury at his current club (Nakayama)

CB - Matty Pearson, also at Huddersfield, is one I'd look at. Reliably fit (up until this season). Good defender, right side of 30, and a goal threat. 

RB - Rankin-Costello (Blackburn), a pacey wing back who is a good crosser and isn't afraid to shoot. 

Winger - no idea

CF - Idah has been linked, but not someone i would go for. Bonne has hardly played for QPR and Cornick isn't getting as much action as he'd like (also an option on the wing). Both fit the age profile we're looking at, and there's a chance we could get them on frees like we did with Collins.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-realistic-signings-derby-county-should-be-thinking-about-making-in-january-and-why/

Adam Idah - much has been said, enough fans seem to think this one will not happen because we will be at the back of the pack when it comes to him - shame!

Trai Hume - would Sunderland do us a favour by loaning us, a right back.

Kaine Kesler-Hayden - I would like to see us sign a loan deal for this Aston villa wing back, but there is likely to be a que for his signature and unless we are in the play off positions come January?

Are we close to max number of loans we are able to sign?

On 04/11/2022 at 14:58, roboto said:

Good question re: Bielik.

I think he works best as a single holding midfielder in front of a back 4, allowing two other CMs to play more advanced. However, I believe he could be very useful as a the central defender in a back 3, picking out passes, making vital challenges and blocks. Cashin, Bielik and Chester would be a solid back 3 in this league.

Can we afford to have Bielik here because of his wages?

Going to be interesting to see what type of deals we do in Jan as we can only do frees or loans.

With space for only 5 loans in the matchday squad, I cant see Anang being one of them so expect him to go back to West Ham and us bring in a GK in on a free.

Maybe 2 or 3 loans then meaning a couple will miss out on matchday squads. 

I think we will be hoping for Collins type deals so we can bring players in on a free who are under contract. 

If we are interested in any free agents surely we need them in now getting upto speed.

On 06/11/2022 at 14:52, DCFC1388 said:

Going to be interesting to see what type of deals we do in Jan as we can only do frees or loans.

With space for only 5 loans in the matchday squad, I cant see Anang being one of them so expect him to go back to West Ham and us bring in a GK in on a free.

Maybe 2 or 3 loans then meaning a couple will miss out on matchday squads. 

I think we will be hoping for Collins type deals so we can bring players in on a free who are under contract. 

If we are interested in any free agents surely we need them in now getting upto speed.

100%.

I also think we also should allow Anang to return to West Ham to free up another loanee in the match sqaud. 

I am not sure which free agents are available which have the quality we need but surley it makes sense to bring them (such as on trail) to help bring them up to speed asap.

David assuncao? Young kid, came into the game through a development centre in Leicester. Scored a hattrick other week. Got a decent amount of talk in lower league levels from teams in the Midlands.

Maybe we are keeping an eye. Think Shrewsbury are watching him too.