January Window

1of4

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I don’t think that is the only way. Collins was under contract and we were able to sign him on a free. There is a scenario where clubs may mutually agree to end a players contract if they’re not in their own first team plans etc, they could loan players out to us who’s contracts are running down with us covering the wage costs. Money is tight for a lot of clubs, getting a wage off their books for a player who isn’t involved might appeal to them. 
The options are still going to be limited and of course the usual arguments about “how can x player be good enough for us if they can’t get into y’s team” would appear, but if Warne sees a player he can utilise is available in this way and the club can negotiate the deal we have to accept the reality of our situation and trust that Warne can get that player integrated within the squad and performing in a rams shirt. 

Arguably our two best players so far, NML and Wildsmith, couldn't regularly get into a L1 Sheff Wednesday team last season. It's all about fit and a manager trusting them and making them feel like they are wanted. 

On 06/12/2022 at 16:27, VulcanRam said:

Arguably our two best players so far, NML and Wildsmith, couldn't regularly get into a L1 Sheff Wednesday team last season. It's all about fit and a manager trusting them and making them feel like they are wanted. 

Joe is a very very good keeper and was unfortunate to have Keiren Westwood ahead of him when he broke through,  he was trusted in cup games or if KW was absent, his form earned him a u21 call up. 

He sadly suffered a bad injury which set him back and did his confidence. 

He was kept last season ahead of Dawson who we loaned to Exeter but for reasons known to Darren Moore alone he brought Bailey Peacock Farrell in on loan.

I'm absolutely delighted Joe is thriving, I watched him in a youth cup game years back and rated him.

3 hours ago, walkleyowl said:

Joe is a very very good keeper and was unfortunate to have Keiren Westwood ahead of him when he broke through,  he was trusted in cup games or if KW was absent, his form earned him a u21 call up. 

He sadly suffered a bad injury which set him back and did his confidence. 

He was kept last season ahead of Dawson who we loaned to Exeter but for reasons known to Darren Moore alone he brought Bailey Peacock Farrell in on loan.

I'm absolutely delighted Joe is thriving, I watched him in a youth cup game years back and rated him.

After a few doubts at the beginning, I think it’s safe to say we are very happy with him.