January Window

1of4

On 10/12/2022 at 20:25, walkleyowl said:

Joe is a very very good keeper and was unfortunate to have Keiren Westwood ahead of him when he broke through,  he was trusted in cup games or if KW was absent, his form earned him a u21 call up. 

He sadly suffered a bad injury which set him back and did his confidence. 

He was kept last season ahead of Dawson who we loaned to Exeter but for reasons known to Darren Moore alone he brought Bailey Peacock Farrell in on loan.

I'm absolutely delighted Joe is thriving, I watched him in a youth cup game years back and rated him.

He’s been an astonishingly safe pair of hands for us this season. Feet too 

So Warne said in his press conference he spoke to a player this week and he was buzzing to have a promotion on his CV from last year even though he didnt play much which is what Warne is wanting to build here, whether you're a regular starter or a sub all contributions count.....anyway, could this player be Shinnie? Promoted with Wigan but didnt play that much, he was at the game today too so clearly loves the club as only a handful of players are here still from when he was here

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

So Warne said in his press conference he spoke to a player this week and he was buzzing to have a promotion on his CV from last year even though he didnt play much which is what Warne is wanting to build here, whether you're a regular starter or a sub all contributions count.....anyway, could this player be Shinnie? Promoted with Wigan but didnt play that much, he was at the game today too so clearly loves the club as only a handful of players are here still from when he was here

Am I mad for not wanting him? We already have old, slow players. He’d just be another body who can’t run. Not sure what the point would be. 

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Am I mad for not wanting him? We already have old, slow players. He’d just be another body who can’t run. Not sure what the point would be. 

He's better than that. Could have bought him on today. Our squad depth is very thin.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

He's better than that. Could have bought him on today. Our squad depth is very thin.

Why would we bring him on today? We need attacking threat. I’d rather bring on Thompson than Shinnie at this stage in their careers. 

30 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Michael Hector at Fulham?

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

What we needed was another winger to bring off the bench, rather than playing Osula out on the wing

That wasn't the question I answered. 

But yes that would have been good and it does indeed highlight the paucity of our squad.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Srg said:

I’m not keen on bringing back players, but I’d rather have Shinnie than Hourihane.

Hourihane has more quality, but Shinnie is much better suited to this division and the way Warne wants to play. 

It’d be a boon for Bird, as he wouldn’t have to worry about covering his teammate anymore.

11 hours ago, Ramarena said:

I’m not keen on bringing back players, but I’d rather have Shinnie than Hourihane.

Hourihane has more quality, but Shinnie is much better suited to this division and the way Warne wants to play. 

It’d be a boon for Bird, as he wouldn’t have to worry about covering his teammate anymore.

Shinnie would be great in games like yesterday, bird worked hard but shinnie far more suited to it than him. And hourihane to be honest.