January Window

1of4

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did I say that?

I find it really amusing that he always takes the blame for poor performances - there's plenty of evidence that he plays however is needed. He's been mostly on the bench so perhaps there poor form is down to something else.

As I say, they score a decent number of goals without him. Perhaps, when he does come on it takes away that goal threat that currently compensates for their other failings. I really don’t know as I don’t watch that much of Bristol but fans don’t generally tend to boo their own players that often unless they weaken the team, have displayed a bad attitude and/or have developed a poor relationship with the fans.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

As I say, they score a decent number of goals without him. Perhaps, when he does come on it takes away that goal threat that currently compensates for their other failings. I really don’t know as I don’t watch that much of Bristol but fans don’t generally tend to boo their own players that often unless they weaken the team, have displayed a bad attitude and/or have developed a poor relationship with the fans.

Yes, I imagine they're all as sensible as Mr Ploppy from their forum. 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Chris Martin is 34 tomorrow. 

He isn't out of kilter, he's out of footballing years.

Time to move on and look for the younger "peak" players to come in and support the youngsters and the oldies. Collins is 32 in December so has a couple more years realistically in him, add a couple of 22-28 years olds around him and that'll do us fine. I really like the look of that Phillips for Morecambe, had pace and skill - on loan from Huddersfield so might be costly but at 22 he isn't a kid anymore, so will want a proper home soon.

1 minute ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Time to move on and look for the younger "peak" players to come in and support the youngsters and the oldies. Collins is 32 in December so has a couple more years realistically in him, add a couple of 22-28 years olds around him and that'll do us fine. I really like the look of that Phillips for Morecambe, had pace and skill - on loan from Huddersfield so might be costly but at 22 he isn't a kid anymore, so will want a proper home soon.

How much do you think we'll be allowed to pay in transfer fees then?

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Absolutely nothing for the next couple of years, I'm not delusional there. Players currently unwanted at their current clubs to fill the right back slot I'd look at Keiron Freeman at Portsmouth and Todd Kane at Coventry, 30 and 29 so a little younger than we have but not ideal.

Younger players, we need to be looking at those who clubs need to make decisions on due to age, those too old to play for the U21's and thought to be not good enough for their senior team. Obviously not all of them will make it good and it's a gamble you need to make due to the circumstances at hand. For example, when we let the likes of Rawson, Guy and Vernam go when they got too old but not good enough to progress.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm kind of hopeful that what Big Trav reported on the last page has some truth to it. If Clowes can get some movement on the business plan with proof of funds then we might be able to add some longer term players of a decent quality to the squad.

Warner has already stated that he needs to be looking for players closer to their mid-20s peak rather than our current age brackets of up to 22/23 and over 30s. When he took on the job he surely would've asked for assurances to be able to make changes to the playing staff in the transfer window and Clowes will hopefully be confident that we can work out an agreement with the EFL to do so.

Let's be honest. We aren't going to be able to make any significant improvements in the squad with only being able to beg for youngsters who haven't already been loaned out or by signing players that haven't been in work since the first window closed.

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did I say that?

I find it really amusing that he always takes the blame for poor performances - there's plenty of evidence that he plays however is needed. He's been mostly on the bench so perhaps their poor form is down to something else.

Curious about this evidence, I mean he couldn't play however is needed, just not possible. If Pearson asked him to run the channels he would be blowing after half hour.

Also, maybe it's the poor performances that have landed him a spot on the bench, could argue he never takes any blame from some....

6 minutes ago, David said:

Curious about this evidence, I mean he couldn't play however is needed, just not possible. If Pearson asked him to run the channels he would be blowing after half hour.

Also, maybe it's the poor performances that have landed him a spot on the bench, could argue he never takes any blame from some....

Yeah you could argue that. 

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Played right back for half a season at Swindon before moving to MK to play right midfield, played the playoffs for them at right back. 39 games, 2 goals and 3 assists. 28 full games out of 39. Only saw defeat twice in the league for MK, then once in the playoffs. Looks a good player just going off stats. Looking on YouTube, appears to be rather pacey, likes a trick or two. Was Swindon's young player of the season despite only being there for the first half of the season. I get a Jayden Bogle vibe off him, such a shame this would only be a loan.

2 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Played right back for half a season at Swindon before moving to MK to play right midfield, played the playoffs for them at right back. 39 games, 2 goals and 3 assists. 28 full games out of 39. Only saw defeat twice in the league for MK, then once in the playoffs. Looks a good player just going off stats. Looking on YouTube, appears to be rather pacey, likes a trick or two. Was Swindon's young player of the season despite only being there for the first half of the season. I get a Jayden Bogle vibe off him, such a shame this would only be a loan.

Or we could with the exception of Hector, go old school ...

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-paul-warne-transfers-7780410