January Window

1of4

31 minutes ago, Papahet said:

How are we going to use the window with no room for another loan in the squad and the ban on paying a fee? Confused...

We will have room for 4 more loans although we can only use 5 of them in the matchday squad. Plenty of room to maneuver if we can't find any free agents.

Edited by lrm14

11 hours ago, Magicman said:

Players I would be OK to see go this January 

Dobbin - struggles to deliver much so far and we need better .

Udoroh - seems out of favour with PW. 

We need a new RB, 2 new wide men to cover NML & Barks, creative midfielder  and new striker to cover  ( 5 net 2 ) 

Not going to be too much to fix but if we want to up the quality the cost might be factor.

I really struggle with your dismissal of Dobbin. We are in league 1, we won’t get the next Messi on loan. Dobbin might be expected to have a goal or two more in him if the team was flying but he is pretty damned good, touch could be better if we’re dreaming, but he has pace, can beat a man, has looked dangerous and generally done a good job. When you write churlish comments like “failed to deliver and could do better” you sound like someone who drives a Vectra and thinks Vauxhall have let him down because you can’t lap The Nurburgring in 10 minutes 

And then you say “we need to up the quality but cost might be a factor” ????? Well thanks for that .. I never knew 

5 minutes ago, jono said:

I really struggle with your dismissal of Dobbin. We are in league 1, we won’t get the next Messi on loan. Dobbin might be expected to have a goal or two more in him if the team was flying but he is pretty damned good, touch could be better if we’re dreaming, but he has pace, can beat a man, has looked dangerous and generally done a good job. When you write churlish comments like “failed to deliver and could do better” you sound like someone who drives a Vectra and thinks Vauxhall have let him down because you can’t lap The Nurburgring in 10 minutes 

And then you say “we need to up the quality but cost might be a factor” ????? Well thanks for that .. I never knew 

So let's see whose right about him.

11 minutes ago, jono said:

Well atm he mostly doesn't pass and he also doesn't score. Warne has tried to get him to stay positive but whether that will work...

3 minutes ago, Magicman said:

He’s a young lad who is well thought of at a premier league academy, playing his first season in men’s football, he has pace and directness which is an asset in any team and frightens defenders (he won a penalty the other night didn’t he?!). With more game time and further coaching he’s got every chance of doing well for the club during his loan. I feel like you often seem keen to slate the young players at the club and I don’t quite get why? 

4 minutes ago, Magicman said:

I don’t think we need to. I reckon Dobbin is a good young loanee who is progressing his career at Derby County. So far he has done reasonably well without setting the league alight. His last 2 or 3 performances have shown that he has the pace to change a game and his influence on the team is on an upward curve since his initial appearances 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't know. There were hints that it might be flexible owing to us having more income than forecast.

It would make sense unless they want to leave us to build up a war chest for when the restrictions are lifted.

I totally understand that many people, including fans of other clubs, will be upset that the club were able to walk away from a good chunk of the money owed to creditors but, the alternative would be to pay creditors more than has previously been agreed and, that’s not going to happen.

1 hour ago, jono said:

I don’t think we need to. I reckon Dobbin is a good young loanee who is progressing his career at Derby County. So far he has done reasonably well without setting the league alight. His last 2 or 3 performances have shown that he has the pace to change a game and his influence on the team is on an upward curve since his initial appearances 

Yes he's done OK and has potential to get better as the season progresses. We do have to be realistic about the level of players we are able to sign. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

And the run across the edge of the box with the pass to Sibley for him to score ? I think it’s working. 

I didn't say he doesn't pass at all.

I'm sure he'll make a footballer, but atm he's lots of head down running with little intention of passing.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't say he doesn't pass at all.

I'm sure he'll make a footballer, but atm he's lots of head down running with little intention of passing.

Sure Roy but what I am saying is that since he came and since Warne started coaching him I think we have seen an improvement in his style and effect ( both running and passing ) Particularly over the last 3 games. I’ll be Frank and say the first couple of games I thought he looked pretty average and didn’t understand the hot ticket name he seemed to bring with him. Since then I really do think he’s got markedly better.