January Window

1of4

16 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

When he got up to the shop floor the first thing he did was put a crate of Corona into his trolley.

That told me everything I needed to know about how and why his Derby career was going down the pan.

I thought you were going to say a tray of doughnuts ?. What a waste of talent though, great finisher when 100% on it.

17 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Knee deep in lockdown I was queuing up behind him at Tesco Long Eaton, he was just coming back from injury I believe. I was a bit star struck, posted a candid pic on Facebook.

When he got up to the shop floor the first thing he did was put a crate of Corona into his trolley.

That told me everything I needed to know about how and why his Derby career was going down the pan.

Poor taste in beer shouldn’t be an issue.

I thought he looked quite sharp in the first half against us, even though he missed a sitter.

He’s not the man we need.

I’d love to think we might find a lower league player who is In goal scoring form but we may end up with a Jutkiewic. 

That wouldn’t be a disaster as we are crying out for some sort of aerial threat to take advantage of Hourihane’s delivery.

For this window we just need bodies in who will hopefully get us over the line this season. Nothing long term, that all begins in the summer with what I expect will be a big turnaround with plenty of those who arrived in the summer but are out of contract leaving and all loanees returning.

Unless people leave now, I expect to to see a couple of loans to boost numbers for a tilt at promotion. The likes of a Shinnie or Marriott go against what Warne wants but it may be all we can hope for at this stage. I’d more expect players he’s worked with before to come and help out for a bit if he can get them. If he’s talking about a player who got promoted last season I’d expect someone from Rotherham. 

1 hour ago, maydrakin said:

Just had a quick look at championship right backs who are out of contract in the summer and there are three “out of favour” players who all played under Warne at Rotherham.

Josh Emmanuel (Hull)

Darnell Fisher (Boro)

Matthew Olusunde (Preston)

Certainly could be seen as potential options as players who clubs wish to offload…

Decent shouts, on Josh Emmanuel "he went on to make 31 league appearances for Rotherham as the club earned promotion to the EFL Championship, and was voted the club's young player of the year." ?

8 hours ago, Carnero said:

Decent shouts, on Josh Emmanuel "he went on to make 31 league appearances for Rotherham as the club earned promotion to the EFL Championship, and was voted the club's young player of the year." ?

If he was to sign you might want to skip his middle name on your shirt

Joshua Oluwadurotimi Emmanuel

57 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I just seen that appently we are after Austin from QPR I dont know if he was released in the summer or currently he contract due to end January but we supposedly going to offer him a 6 month contract which take to end of the season I think.

I'd rather not thanks.  The tiresome and past it little runt can rot on their wage bill.  Prefer to have Anya back.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I just seen that appently we are after Austin from QPR I dont know if he was released in the summer or currently he contract due to end January but we supposedly going to offer him a 6 month contract which take to end of the season I think.

He’s been over here playing for Brisbane Roar. Just gone back to UK by mutual agreement.

This will be where B4 saw that...

4:53 PM · Dec 29, 2022

https://twitter.com/TransferSecretM/status/1608506414745649152

"The Secret Transfer Agent

@TransferSecretM

BREAKING NEWS: This just landed on my desk. I’ve been informed that Charlie Austin has put pen to paper on a 6 month deal at Derby County. Austin is a close friend of manager Paul Warne and is keen to play under him. It’s a done deal"

he has 8 followers, I think they had 5 when I saw it yesterday!

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This will be where B4 saw that...

4:53 PM · Dec 29, 2022

https://twitter.com/TransferSecretM/status/1608506414745649152

"The Secret Transfer Agent

@TransferSecretM

BREAKING NEWS: This just landed on my desk. I’ve been informed that Charlie Austin has put pen to paper on a 6 month deal at Derby County. Austin is a close friend of manager Paul Warne and is keen to play under him. It’s a done deal"

he has 8 followers, I think they had 5 when I saw it yesterday!

Exactly the type of signing I had hoped we had seen the back of. Would be very surprised if any truth in this.