January Window

1of4

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

ITK Millyboy ?

Partially on the wind-up - I wasn’t actually given a name, just that we’re working on signing a striker. Lee Gregory fits the description given, so thought I’d see the reactions ?

If he signs, I’m still claiming ITK though! Even if it was mainly guesswork…

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Partially on the wind-up - I wasn’t actually given a name, just that we’re working on signing a striker. Lee Gregory fits the description given, so thought I’d see the reactions ?

If he signs, I’m still claiming ITK though! Even if it was mainly guesswork…

Nothing against him but hope not!

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I won’t be listening to my Coventry ITK again don’t worry…

Though I was told last month Bird wanted out in January from a much more reliable source. Whether that’s still the case, I don’t know.

Why did/does he want out?

Warne is in a difficult situation in someways. He obviously wants to sign 3 or 4 players to improve the team by creating a greater goal threat. At the moment we are playing 3 out of our 4 defenders out of position, square pegs in round holes, but that defence is currently the best in the league. The sensible thing to do, is to sign a FB and play players in their correct positions, but do you change a successful combination?

Also, the current squad seem to be very close-knit, he's got to be very careful in identifying the right player/s to join that group.

13 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Warne is in a difficult situation in someways. He obviously wants to sign 3 or 4 players to improve the team by creating a greater goal threat. At the moment we are playing 3 out of our 4 defenders out of position, square pegs in round holes, but that defence is currently the best in the league. The sensible thing to do, is to sign a FB and play players in their correct positions, but do you change a successful combination?

Also, the current squad seem to be very close-knit, he's got to be very careful in identifying the right player/s to join that group.

Good points ?

4 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

The defense looks sound to me. I wouldn't prioritise it unless a stand out RB is available.

For me it's all about a striker to offer more than the honest endeavour we get from Collins.

...and Bielik home, if there's any chance.

We definitely need CB cover and a proper RB. Smith is better as midfield cover.