Your visit to the Wham Stadium 15th October 2022

Stanleyhouse

On 13/10/2022 at 19:59, Stanleyhouse said:

Car park about 12:30pm. If you get there early you can park on the streets close by for free. Clayton Park pies ? on sale inside, real ale too. Any pub in Accy will welcome away fans. The Crown, The Grey Horse are pubs close by.

Great advice thanks. Parked in a side street, been to the club shop, beer and pie, chips, gravy dinner at The Crown. Pub full of friendly Rams fans. And the sun is out. It’s too good; I’m getting suspicious.

(I’ll post again at 5pm, soaking wet lamenting another away day dross performance ?).

All the best ?

6 hours ago, North East Ram said:

Great advice thanks. Parked in a side street, been to the club shop, beer and pie, chips, gravy dinner at The Crown. Pub full of friendly Rams fans. And the sun is out. It’s too good; I’m getting suspicious.

(I’ll post again at 5pm, soaking wet lamenting another away day dross performance ?).

All the best ?

We won. I’m in shock. Funny old game but what a day!

good luck for the rest of the season Stanley!!

Today was the second time I’ve been to Accrington and I know we’ve won both times but it’s a fantastic away day.

@Stanleyhouseis a credit to his club and to the role of SLO. Wish there were many more like him. Parking is easy and The Wham Stadium is a proper old ground with an excellent pitch. The pies are fantastic and the stewards and staff friendly and helpful. I wish that other grounds large and small could follow their example in all of the above, including perhaps our own.

the only minor criticism is that it’s almost impossible to get a programme and no way of knowing where to go. A minor inconvenience.

Thank you for hosting a great day out ASFC

Glad you enjoyed your day. I was the one shouting seats to the right, standing to the left as you all entered. Got no voice left now.

Programmes are a sore point. We can be left with hundreds some weeks and others we sell out quickly. I know some clubs have stopped doing them altogether.

Would love to know what people thought of Coley's if they went in.

Thanks for your attendance today. We look forwards to new year's day 

7 hours ago, Stanleyhouse said:

Glad you enjoyed your day. I was the one shouting seats to the right, standing to the left as you all entered. Got no voice left now.

Programmes are a sore point. We can be left with hundreds some weeks and others we sell out quickly. I know some clubs have stopped doing them altogether.

Would love to know what people thought of Coley's if they went in.

Thanks for your attendance today. We look forwards to new year's day 

Well done mate. Proper football club. All the best. @Stanleyhouse

Edited by Ellafella

It would be easy (but hear me out!) for some fans to just dismiss Accrington Stanley FC as a small time/tinpot club!
What with the timeless Milk Ad jokes, the tiny ground, uncovered terrace, away fans taking up more than half of the attendance, the apparent lack of programme outlets, what appears to be a sore-loser of a manager... and even free matchday parking on the doorstep!

But I get the impression... sadly and shamefully having never had the pleasure to attend a match there, to witness it for myself... that they are right up there with the classiest of clubs!

The warm welcome by their fans... and stewards... at and around the ground appears to be an every (match)day experience, and not just for show for a big game (ie, An FA Cup game against a former big club who used to be famous!) 
What appears to be an ongoing habit of their SLO going on oppo forums with very useful and welcome advice/info in the week running up to matchday.
Decent Ale and award winning pies.
A weedy-looking man, ambassadorial by demeanour, albeit c. 5'2" in height, wearing "Double Denim" waistcoat adorned with each and every ASFC lapel badge ever produced, pointing and shouting "seats to the right, standing to the left" as you enter the ground.  (Sorry, but until I am fortunate enough to witness the facts in person, this image remains!)

Gotta say... not for the first time... I am left with the overwhelming impression that ASFC ooze class throughout, and if I was in anyway associated with them (Which I most definitely am not, I hasten to say!), I would be very proud of that association, and very proud of my club.

There is more than one definition of the word "Massive".  One of which includes the reference to ASFC as an example!  Well done to you all, and a big thumbs up to Mr Stanley himself, who should be immensely proud of himself, his approach to his job, and his club as a whole.

Bravo, ASFC!

oscars-standing-ovation.gif

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

A weedy-looking man, ambassadorial by demeanour, albeit c. 5'2" in height, wearing "Double Denim" waistcoat adorned with each and every ASFC lapel badge ever produced, pointing and shouting "seats to the right, standing to the left" as you enter the ground.  (Sorry, but until I am fortunate enough to witness the facts in person, this image remains!)

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/fans/supporters-liaison-officer/