Your visit to the Wham Stadium 15th October 2022

Stanleyhouse

3 hours ago, David said:

I’m struggling to get my head around Wham being short for What More UK.

The owner isn’t daft, talks a lot of sense, especially when engaging with the EFL yet here he is taking 3 letters from the first word, 1 from the second to shorten his business name down to match that of a famous pop duo from the 80s.

Google Wham, see what page you finally get to What More UK.

What More isn’t particularly long that it needs shortening.

Coventry Building Society Stadium, University of Bolton Stadium, Brentford Community Stadium, Colchester Community Stadium…..need I go on?

Wham? Nah, as if the club didn’t have enough on trying to shake off the milk advert, now this, what next buying that Michael Jackson statue in storage off Fulham and sticking it outside.

I thought it was named after these

wham-10p-chew-bar.jpg

4 hours ago, David said:

So anyway...

I got a pretty good start, finding a reference to Wham kitchen accessories & storage at Next UK. on page 2.

... 23 minutes later, I gave up the search, with the distinct feeling that I have been set up.

B45t4rd!   ?

4 hours ago, David said:

I’m struggling to get my head around Wham being short for What More UK.

The owner isn’t daft, talks a lot of sense, especially when engaging with the EFL yet here he is taking 3 letters from the first word, 1 from the second to shorten his business name down to match that of a famous pop duo from the 80s.

What More isn’t particularly long that it needs shortening.

Coventry Building Society Stadium, University of Bolton Stadium, Brentford Community Stadium, Colchester Community Stadium…..need I go on?

Wham? Nah, as if the club didn’t have enough on trying to shake off the milk advert, now this, what next buying that Michael Jackson statue in storage off Fulham and sticking it outside.

To be fair, it is their brand name

image.png.060e0e394a074663bd852a25e9367058.png

https://www.whatmoreuk.com/

Edited by Ghost of Clough

2 minutes ago, Stanleyhouse said:

No food. You should be OK at 2pm. But you are the largest away following yet so it's hard to tell. There are other bars inside the ground. Turnstiles open at 1:30pm. 

Any recommendations for other pubs/bars in Accrington for those arriving early?

10 hours ago, North East Ram said:

Thanks for the info mate. What time does that car park on the field next to the ground open please? 
And more importantly, which pub does the best pie n pint in the area?! 
Cheers!

Car park about 12:30pm. If you get there early you can park on the streets close by for free. Clayton Park pies ? on sale inside, real ale too. Any pub in Accy will welcome away fans. The Crown, The Grey Horse are pubs close by.

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

Any recommendations for other pubs/bars in Accrington for those arriving early.

In the Town Centre you've got the Castle, the Stanley near the station, wetherspoons and on walk to the ground, the grey horse and the crown. Any pub will welcome away fans. Further away in Clayton-le-moors ( 1.5 miles) the Albion is run by our former commercial manager.

1 hour ago, Stanleyhouse said:

Car park about 12:30pm. If you get there early you can park on the streets close by for free. Clayton Park pies ? on sale inside, real ale too. Any pub in Accy will welcome away fans. The Crown, The Grey Horse are pubs close by.

Thank you - much appreciated. Looking forward to Saturday! 
All the best ?